Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Commissario
I finally received some Citadel Painting handles, after about an 8 month wait for a restock.

Oh and Skulls, because you can't have too many skulls when you're doing Khorne (especially when you're painting the Lord of Skulls and the Skull Cannon, and need to assemble Skull Taker...)

handles!.jpg

Caporegime
I finally received some Citadel Painting handles, after about an 8 month wait for a restock.

Oh and Skulls, because you can't have too many skulls when you're doing Khorne (especially when you're painting the Lord of Skulls and the Skull Cannon, and need to assemble Skull Taker...)

handles!.jpg

I know a nerd who definitely isn't me who wants to know where to start with the Warhammer stuff, he's definitely not me and is rather curious as to how it all works and whatnot, do you have any recommendations for this fella who definitely isn't me?

Associate

I often considered buying a painting handle but never did get around to it (not that I paint all that often, nor am I any good at it) :p.

I saw some of the Nighthaunt models for Age of Sigmar .. geez there are some lovely looking models! I think I was especially drawn to:
  • Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief
  • Tomb Banshee
  • Crawlocke the Jailor
Must resist, must resist!

Commissario
I know a nerd who definitely isn't me who wants to know where to start with the Warhammer stuff, he's definitely not me and is rather curious as to how it all works and whatnot, do you have any recommendations for this fella who definitely isn't me?
You could tell your friend, who is most definitely not you, that possibly the best way to get started is a trip to your local GW (or independent) store and have a look at the models in the flesh and possibly a quick introduction game, followed by the inevitable purchase of a starter set (they do a "getting started" one for 40k for £25 with about a dozen easy to assemble models), and some paints/glue), and have a look in the tabletop gaming forum here for the big thread ;)
Most people tend to start with the "good guys" (Space Marines for 40k and what are now Sigmarites for fantasy), or the Orcs as they were the ones with the biggest range of models at one time, and you always basically got Space Marines of one type or another in every boxed starter.

Or do what I certainly never did, walk into the GW store with a family member and walk out with £100+ worth of models in one go, then keep repeating that every few months/year. I certainly didn't end up getting a reputation amongst my friends for coming away from a local model show with a new army box every year (and I don't have two Tau battalions, the Fantasy Empire and Skaven army boxes, nor a Daemon army box due to this).

Personally I tend to choose what armies/models to get based largely on do I like the look of them, and to an extent, do I like the fluff.
Hence the Daemons because (at the time I started them) most of the models could be used in both fantasy and sci fi, and they were amusing to play (not easy and very frustrating at times but fun).

These days you can typically start collectingwith either the:
Boxed game (or varient) usually about £70 with a reasonable number of models for two forces, rules etc.
A "getting started" which is basically a smaller version of the main box
Or "start collecting" for the army you like which is a complete small force, usually at very good value compared to the individual models (IE £75 worth of models for £50), but it doesn't include the full rules for the game as they're really meant for an existing player starting a new army (or adding to it).

I bought the new "Renegades" Knight set the other week as it's a full game for two Knight models (you can also use them with other armies, or as part of a knight army), but cost £96 for the set containing 2x £80 models and £45 worth of scenery :)

Are you an Octopus to be able to paint so many miniatures simultaneously ?

It's so that I can work on a squad at a time without having to swap between handles :)
I tend to "production line" as much as possible, doing the same bits on 5-10 models at a go to speed things up, when i was doing my Tyranids I had about 40 on corks at a time, and was running them through the airbrush for base coating at a rate of about one every minute or two, then doing the second base colour by hand working 5-10 in a batch:)

Soldato
There's a pretty friendly tabletop gaming club in Bethnal Green I've been to a few times. I've not done any models or tabletop for 15 years but went to play some card games, found it very welcoming and less intimidating than I expected. Highly recommend going and having a go at some games.

Lots of people go just to do modelling and hang out too. I was always more into the painting and stuff than the dice rolling, as a kid

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I didn't bother with the brake sensor on mine, didn't feel the need for it, did install the shift sensor though.
I've experienced a run away throttle before so will never have a bike without a brake sensor. I haven't transferred the gear sensor over as I'm using a sram ex1 groupset that is fine to shift under power. Even then, I can just squeeze the brake lever to cut power if it want, a bit like a clutch.

Soldato
How dare you suggest such a thing! My eye twitches seeing that there.

I only just recently took the film off my recon fan controller touch screen after having it for 4 years and the same with my phones power/volume buttons, they were like new and shiny... Much easier than actually having to clean them :)

Caporegime
You could tell your friend, who is most definitely not you, that possibly the best way to get started is a trip to your local GW (or independent) store and have a look at the models in the flesh and possibly a quick introduction game, followed by the inevitable purchase of a starter set (they do a "getting started" one for 40k for £25 with about a dozen easy to assemble models), and some paints/glue), and have a look in the tabletop gaming forum here for the big thread ;)
Most people tend to start with the "good guys" (Space Marines for 40k and what are now Sigmarites for fantasy), or the Orcs as they were the ones with the biggest range of models at one time, and you always basically got Space Marines of one type or another in every boxed starter.

Or do what I certainly never did, walk into the GW store with a family member and walk out with £100+ worth of models in one go, then keep repeating that every few months/year. I certainly didn't end up getting a reputation amongst my friends for coming away from a local model show with a new army box every year (and I don't have two Tau battalions, the Fantasy Empire and Skaven army boxes, nor a Daemon army box due to this).

Personally I tend to choose what armies/models to get based largely on do I like the look of them, and to an extent, do I like the fluff.
Hence the Daemons because (at the time I started them) most of the models could be used in both fantasy and sci fi, and they were amusing to play (not easy and very frustrating at times but fun).

These days you can typically start collectingwith either the:
Boxed game (or varient) usually about £70 with a reasonable number of models for two forces, rules etc.
A "getting started" which is basically a smaller version of the main box
Or "start collecting" for the army you like which is a complete small force, usually at very good value compared to the individual models (IE £75 worth of models for £50), but it doesn't include the full rules for the game as they're really meant for an existing player starting a new army (or adding to it).

I bought the new "Renegades" Knight set the other week as it's a full game for two Knight models (you can also use them with other armies, or as part of a knight army), but cost £96 for the set containing 2x £80 models and £45 worth of scenery :)

Cheers, I'll pass the message on :D

Soldato
Been waiting ages to be able to post this but finally paid for and moved into the new house :)

bo7OOI5.jpg

ir8PAQq.jpg

Also had to buy garden furniture

n8L3fJ7.jpg

Also bought a big American Fridge but it's in a room so small i can't take a photo of it. Expect plenty more photos in here in the coming weeks!

Soldato
Been waiting ages to be able to post this but finally paid for and moved into the new house :)

bo7OOI5.jpg

ir8PAQq.jpg

Also had to buy garden furniture

n8L3fJ7.jpg

Also bought a big American Fridge but it's in a room so small i can't take a photo of it. Expect plenty more photos in here in the coming weeks!

A home with actual character, would love to see more of it, Congratulations :)

Back
Top Bottom