Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
My friends girlfriend breeds frenchies, you make an absolute ton of money from selling them.
I've seen one sold for £6.5k before, thats insanity

Yeah, they're very popular, so breeders want to cash in. IIRC, the French Bulldog is the most popular new breed in the UK at the moment, and has been for a few years. It's a lot of money if you keep breeding them hard and selling litters. The unscrupulous ones only think about the money rather than the animal's welfare. The high profits attract the dodgy breeders.

Caporegime
Some of the less scupulous breeders are not above having a show dog in a family home for you to look at, while they ship the puppies in from a puppy farm. Did you get a video of the mating too? :eek: Or did they just show you the (small) turkey baster?

No, I had to take the breeders word on the conception, but the dam was clearly the mother by the way she was interacting with the puppies.
Out of interest, how much was it?

£1600

Permabanned
My friends girlfriend breeds frenchies, you make an absolute ton of money from selling them.
I've seen one sold for £6.5k before, thats insanity

They're £500 in Poland. Lots of puppy farms are out in cheap countries, bring a few over and sell for 2k a pop. Easy money and pretty much no laws to stop you, even if you're completely inept and breed dogs with future health problems.

Soldato
There's quite a few laws. You need a pet passport for a start.

There was a case reported here a few months back about sickly puppies that were shipped in from Irish puppy farms and window dressed into a "family home" to make them look legitimate. They reckon a gang of six sold approx 5000 puppies and made about £2.5 million.
The dodgy vet involved got a suspended sentence that was increased to custodial after appeals. There's always ways around the rules if you're willing to break them and no one is checking. They eventually prosecuted them for fraud rather than any animal related laws.

Commissario
My copy of the new GW Adeptus Titanicus arrived yesterday, it basically sold out everywhere within minutes, so I was very lucky tonym pointed me in the direction of a store that still had stock when I got an email from the place I'd originally ordered from telling me "sorry we over sold our allocation, as a huge favour to you we'll sell you this bundle that has almost the same bits in it for only and extra £20".

titanicus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom