Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Oh man that's a thing? Gonna have to look into that

I've only briefly tried it but I think it's solved the problem, I couldn't hear any noise when the solenoid shut off but I need to go upstairs and have a properly listen as that's where most of the noise was. I think this basically works as a shock absorber to dampen the shockwave caused by the solenoid violently shutting off.

I had to buy a new washing machine and it's ultra silent so really highlighted the problem. My old washing machine genuinely sounded like I could only imagine it would sound like if the police came banging at your door at 5am in the morning :D. I think the shock absorber thing holding the drum up had gone as there was lots of play, but the main problem was it kept tripping the electric - I'd already replaced the element a couple of months ago which did temporarily fix it.

It was a ~15 year old Hotpoint. Wonder if @SexyGreyFox built it back then.

-------------

Whilst I'm here...

Bosch WAW32450GB. Saved about £150 thanks to Black Friday. I didn't realise there was an LED in the drum until it arrived. Pretty.

JvmTN1N.jpg

New oven, Neff U1ACI5HN0B, £922 :eek:. Bought from Curry's because we got an 8% offer at work, they had a £50 cashback offer on on, Neff had a £100 Tesco/Sainsbury's etc food voucher offer on, and Curry's gave me another £7 off when they dropped the price a few days later so it was really about £700.

It has an integrated meat probe which is quite nice so the oven turns off when your meat gets to your set temperature.

T0slJlH.jpg

I am a bit disappointed you can't see/set the oven temperature digitally though. It would be nice if the twisty knobs showed you exactly what it was set to.

Soldato
New vacuum cleaner, Shark Duoclean liftaway cordless, very good and a huge step up from my previous cordless vacuum.

BdkiI9z.jpg

And some German Sausages, the Currywurst was a lot bigger than I expected. Don't tell your work colleagues at a motorcycle dealer that you're getting a load of German sausages delivered as they are a bunch of kids :D

MPGKkgs.jpg

Soldato
I've only briefly tried it but I think it's solved the problem, I couldn't hear any noise when the solenoid shut off but I need to go upstairs and have a properly listen as that's where most of the noise was. I think this basically works as a shock absorber to dampen the shockwave caused by the solenoid violently shutting off.

Had to do the same with our new Samsung washing machine, it opens and shuts the valve so abruptly that it caused all the pipes to bang. Seems to be a common thing on new washing machines, they've changed the way they take in water for some reason as the old one was fine.

Also interesting how the new water efficiency standards can actually mean the machines now damage clothes more as with less water the wash is more abrasive, not always a step forwards it seems.

Last edited:
Caporegime
New vacuum cleaner, Shark Duoclean liftaway cordless, very good and a huge step up from my previous cordless vacuum.

BdkiI9z.jpg

And some German Sausages, the Currywurst was a lot bigger than I expected. Don't tell your work colleagues at a motorcycle dealer that you're getting a load of German sausages delivered as they are a bunch of kids :D

MPGKkgs.jpg

Sucking and sausages in one post. Hmmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom