Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Not strictly bought but my mate just gave me this, brand new! well chuffed

tNNOV9n.jpg

Soldato
I seem to flip-flop between wanting a laptop that's big, powerful and I can play games on, to a small portable laptop. I think over the years I've gone back and forth a few times now.

Now, I'm back to small and portable, an XPS 13 Pro.

BEu6Q76.jpg

It's a refurb but with a voucher it was under half price, so not a bad purchase I thought. I already really like the touchscreen and it being USB C chargeable. I think every room in my flat has a YSB C powerful enough to charge it, so I don't really need to worry about the actual charger... that can stay in my work bag for when I travel. I am noticing it does get a little hot, even on mundane operations.

Associate
This was recommended to me. Only 4 pages in. Apparently the Matrix and Cyberpunk 2077 are kind of ripped from this book. I was two years old when it was originally published in 1984. Kind of mindblowing that someone had an imagination like this in 1984.

1000009878.jpg

Caporegime
I’ve been tasked with getting the mrs some on Friday, don’t have much hope.

Managed to get Muse tickets for the O2 in the autumn though!

It's an absolute Poop show, consider this is pre-sale, so not general sale.

So to get in, you first joing a waiting room, and once the "door" opens, you are randomly assigned a place in the queue, there are people on discord who got in 5mins, i waited 25mins.

Then I was faced with this message....

hULRLJ9.png

or

SDj0X79.png

When i finally got in, you only get to see what is left, so if you got in early, you can see all the prices, here.

aB3MNI1.png

SW5s49H.png

If you are like me, got in late, you are left with the expensive ones, or the Package ones which are like £600. You can refresh, as people "release their tickets in the basket", so everytime you refresh, you can get some new options, but of course, every second that goes by, the good seats are being taken.

And when you finally see a price tier that you like available, you click, and you get an error

o7bVGMP.png

So you refresh, hoping some gets dropped...and everytime it refreshes, the number of tickets counter resets to 1. When it is at 1, a lot more tickets shows up as available, when you change it to 2 (or 3, or 4), a lot of the tickets gets greyed out.

So you refresh again!

When you finally get to add 2 tickets to your basket, then check the seating chart to make sure you are not BEHIND the stage, yes, there are some that is literally behind the line of the stage. You click buy! or you risk releasing them and roll the dice again.

It was such an ordeal, and this is Pre-sale, for people who bought her Midnight Album last October. General sale....I can see it crashing the website.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's an absolute Poop show, consider this is pre-sale, so not general sale.

So to get in, you first joing a waiting room, and once the "door" opens, you are randomly assigned a place in the queue, there are people on discord who got in 5mins, i waited 25mins.

Then I was faced with this message....

hULRLJ9.png

or

SDj0X79.png

When i finally got in, you only get to see what is left, so if you got in early, you can see all the prices, here.

aB3MNI1.png

SW5s49H.png

If you are like me, got in late, you are left with the expensive ones, or the Package ones which are like £600. You can refresh, as people "release their tickets in the basket", so everytime you refresh, you can get some new options, but of course, every second that goes by, the good seats are being taken.

And when you finally see a price tier that you like available, you click, and you get an error

o7bVGMP.png

So you refresh, hoping some gets dropped...and everytime it refreshes, the number of tickets counter resets to 1. When it is at 1, a lot more tickets shows up as available, when you change it to 2 (or 3, or 4), a lot of the tickets gets greyed out.

So you refresh again!

When you finally get to add 2 tickets to your basket, then check the seating chart to make sure you are not BEHIND the stage, yes, there are some that is literally behind the line of the stage. You click buy! or you risk releasing them and roll the dice again.

It was such an ordeal, and this is Pre-sale, for people who bought her Midnight Album last October. General sale....I can see it crashing the website.
Is that Taylor Swift in your sig?

Soldato
This was recommended to me. Only 4 pages in. Apparently the Matrix and Cyberpunk 2077 are kind of ripped from this book. I was two years old when it was originally published in 1984. Kind of mindblowing that someone had an imagination like this in 1984.

1000009878.jpg

William Gibson is one of the first authors to popularise the cyberpunk genre, though arguably Bruce Sterling and Walter Jon Williams got there first. Later, the likes of Neal Stephenson's "Snow Crash" raised the genre to it's apex.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are those the hot & cold pipes sitting next to the tap
Yeah I actually totally forgot that grohe taps are 3/8ths tail. Nightmare. I've only reliable found reducers on Amazon (also available on subscribe and save, lol). I've just ordered a same same but different grohe tap on prime day so I'll probably boomerang that one back...

Caporegime
The price of those tickets are insane.

One stadia gig and you’re sorted for life.

It is insane and I got off relatively cheaply. I know people who didn't have a code, so desperate to go, they bought codes off randoms for $150, then pay for VIP packages (no idea what that is, i know it's not meet and greet, perhaps early entry, and you get merch) for 4 figures, and travelling from outside the UK. There are plenty of people trying to get tickets just anywhere, London, Dublin, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Paris, whatever, just to go.

Some tickets are exchange hands for 5x the amount at stubhub for the cheapests seats.

4chmulr.png

Back
Top Bottom