Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo_07_06_2013_06_06_18_PM.jpg

Cheap case for my RX100 camera and got a mini tripod thrown in for nothing. Didn't like the official Sony one that I got as no space for memory cards etc.

Last edited:
Sigma 000-15m

Treated myself to another guitar, spent months considering it but unable to find anywhere close with one in stock, took a gamble and ordered it online for £220 with delivery and a gigbag thrown in (Good ol' Yorkshire haggling) Really happy with it

BMKwqnmCEAAicaJ.jpg:large

Looks like a copy of the martin 00015m, full mahogany. Back and sides will probably be laminate at £220.

Still - not bad for a solid top guitar, a little different too as most stuff around there tends to be spruce.

Hold your horses lad, its a full hog. I know, I had to check it again and again that it wasn't a laminate.

Loving the Martin lookalike. Looks great!

Sigma are to Martin what Epiphone are to Gibson, it's a lovely guitar though. Just read up on the few reviews on the web and you'll see it's a steal for the money, came with bone hardware (apart from the pins) and pretty decent heavy tuners.

Last edited:
Raymond, don't buy a guiar on the looks. There are some beautiful looking guitars that are absolute shockers to play. Take a Flying V, for example. Damn cool, but you can't sit down!

Any cheap guitar is going to be fine for a beginner. I would say, however, that having a nice guitar can be very encouraging in making you want to play more. I bought a new acoustic a few years ago with a beautiful neck but laminated body for only £90. I chose it purely on the neck, not on the tone, because I loved the way it felt and consequentlyt played more. I was never intending to gig with it.

If you'd like to start learning, go and test out some cheap guitars because some will feel nice and some will feel horrible.

That's a lovely looking guitar, by the way. I hope the tone is as beautiful as the wood!

What's the website that you ordered it from ?

Would you think it is a good beginner's guitar?

I got it from Gears4music, take a look around though, at beginner level I'd recommend playing it before you get it. I just like the gamble of buying a guitar online with the possibility of having to do a bit of work on it...Not this one though, it's a keeper.

Raymond, don't buy a guiar on the looks. There are some beautiful looking guitars that are absolute shockers to play. Take a Flying V, for example. Damn cool, but you can't sit down!

Any cheap guitar is going to be fine for a beginner. I would say, however, that having a nice guitar can be very encouraging in making you want to play more. I bought a new acoustic a few years ago with a beautiful neck but laminated body for only £90. I chose it purely on the neck, not on the tone, because I loved the way it felt and consequentlyt played more. I was never intending to gig with it.

If you'd like to start learning, go and test out some cheap guitars because some will feel nice and some will feel horrible.

That's a lovely looking guitar, by the way. I hope the tone is as beautiful as the wood!

I know what you mean, I borrowed a guitar from a friend before but the neck was so thick I just didn't like playing it.

When I tried a Taylor in a store I loved it but it is £800 !

I wish I can try this one in person though, i like a nice thin neck and for £220, it seems to be a decent enough price to take a pun on.

Yeah the Taylor was bound to be lovely! Rather pricey for a beginner though...my most expensive guitar was about £280, and it's still very nice (Fender P-Bass).

That guitar isn't overly expensive, but if I were you, I'd try and test one out first just to check out that neck. Otherwise, there are plenty of really nice guitars out there and if your budget is £200ish then you'll find a fair few nice ones. Do you live in London?

How thin/thick is the neck ?

And what is the opinion/consensus on Sigma 000MC-15E ?

I like the cut away part, easier access to the higher notes.

Honestly fella, you need to play one, everyone comes different anyway when they are made up in china (I have read somewhere that these sigs are checked elsewhere before been shipped though). I've been playing (read: Collecting) guitar for a good 10 year or so now so I don't mind taking a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom