Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Which TV cabinet is that ?

Cheers

This one squire:

http://www.pinesolutions.co.uk/livi...inets/dunston-oak-widescreen-tv--dvd-cabinet/

I wanted it as it came with a shelf in the middle and didn't have extra pesky drawer units, was one of the better ones I could find :).

It's 49" across so it fits that TV pretty well as the TV is 55" but the stand is just under 49" wide. Pine Solutions usually have some kind of deal going on Quidco so you can get it a bit cheaper than listed there + cash back. The Dunston range is not cheap but I went for buy good buy once sort of mentality lol and I'm really happy with it so far!

I actually found the same Dunston Oak coffee table I got on eBay for a good bit less, but hit and miss what you can get from eBay at any one time really.

Soldato
This one squire:

http://www.pinesolutions.co.uk/livi...inets/dunston-oak-widescreen-tv--dvd-cabinet/

I wanted it as it came with a shelf in the middle and didn't have extra pesky drawer units, was one of the better ones I could find :).

It's 49" across so it fits that TV pretty well as the TV is 55" but the stand is just under 49" wide. Pine Solutions usually have some kind of deal going on Quidco so you can get it a bit cheaper than listed there + cash back. The Dunston range is not cheap but I went for buy good buy once sort of mentality lol and I'm really happy with it so far!

I actually found the same Dunston Oak coffee table I got on eBay for a good bit less, but hit and miss what you can get from eBay at any one time really.

Thanks mate just ordered, its perfect for my setup and matches the rest of my stuff...

Cheers...

Soldato
what TV is that one?

It's the Samsung Series 8 UE55F8000 LED TV. Been watching it yesterday and today and it's really good so far. Hoping it will tide me over until 4k/OLED become the norm in a few years time lol!

For me it was between something like this and the plasma ranges, both technologies have their issues though.

This TV was not cheap, but I have been working hard lately with extra overtime and on call shifts, they should help pay for it!

Thanks mate just ordered, its perfect for my setup and matches the rest of my stuff...

Cheers...

You're welcome :)

Caporegime
It's the Samsung Series 8 UE55F8000 LED TV. Been watching it yesterday and today and it's really good so far. Hoping it will tide me over until 4k/OLED become the norm in a few years time lol!

For me it was between something like this and the plasma ranges, both technologies have their issues though.

This TV was not cheap, but I have been working hard lately with extra overtime and on call shifts, they should help pay for it!

Yeah, I see what you mean with regard to the whole LCD (LED backlit basically) v Plasma. I just measured my stand and 55" TV is a touch too large for it. Currently have a 42" Panasonic plasma which I picked up from Skully here for £150 so that's my idea until 4K/OLED TV becomes affordable.

Nice TV though, it's amazing how thin and light they got now. My plasma weights in at 42kg with the stand.

Soldato
They're pretty good with power consumption too compared to my old LCD TV.

My old one (Sony 40" LCD) used around 125 kwatts of power when powered on. This one uses around 80 kwatts even with the sound bar attached to the same power brick.

Sure it's only a bit less but using less power also means they kick out less heat which is great for the warmer months when rooms can feel quite stuffy if you have electrical appliances buzzing away consuming vast quantities of power.

In fact all of the Samsung stuff I get is pretty good at power efficiency, my washing machine is awesome compared to a lot of the ones you can get from other manufacturers, and it's quieter too.

Soldato
Lol nice, mine is currently 18.5 degrees. Where I work differing shifts and my heating comes on with a timer its hard to set it to come on at a good time consistently.

My NAS will be leaving my front room soon and going into my cupboard space so there won't be anything left in here to keep this room toasty any more :p

Soldato
Fancied one of these for a while now. Got it booting into XBMC at the moment although I might use it as a torrent machine/XBMC. Was also considering to use it as a NAS but fear it may be far too slow. Haven't overclocked it yet or fitted heatsinks athough I have dozens of them to choose from.

P1060573_zpsebf2f429.jpg

Will probably make my own enclosure that'll take the 2.5" drive I have plugged into it, unless I decide (can afford) to have a network drive instead.

And a (would have been) lovely orange led 7 segment display for a project which sadly doesn't work. It's got built on constant current TLC5926 ICs at the back which should have worked really well. None of the segments emit light even with my DMM.

P1060570_zps8fef8884.jpg

May just have to get 4 orange 7 segs from Farnell or somewhere and do it myself with a Maxim chip.

Last edited:
Soldato
80kw!? :eek: My kettle is only 2kw :p

Sorry meant 80 watts :p

Hence the need for external speakers or one of those bar thingies. "So thin" TV = awful sound quality.

True to a degree for certain. Though a lot of the reviews commented that for this kind of thin television the sound was actually reasonable for a change!

The Sound Bar came free with my TV anyway and is reasonably well reviewed, so it's all gravy. The sound bar I have is the Samsung HW-F551 (Black Model is the same product but HW-F550 instead).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom