Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Looks very cool. How good are these at heating a room and what is the power consumption?
I've only just got it but it seems to be ok, I tried it out in the small room (~2.5x3.5m) I was using my computer in, the room started at 15C and I set the target temp. to 20C, after about 3-4 minutes the internal thermostat turned it off. I actually felt comfortable and the chill was definately gone.

The bottom says 2kW so the consumption must be close to that, I don't have a ammeter or wattmeter to test that though. Going by the short heating time albeit in a small room it may not use that much power given how briefly it's on.

The cool setting is strange, with bladed fans you get buffeting and can 'feel' the airflow but as the airflow from this is essentially laminar it feels like less airflow. I can only compare it to being in a clean room (I know, hardly something most people can relate to) but in them you have a constant laminar airflow and can barely feel the air movement.

One negative is that it can be a little loud on the high fan speeds but so far the lower settings feel adequate to me.

Associate
First set of clipless pedals for the bike, little bit odd to start with but a bargain purchase. Shimano 105 PD-5700's

Pedals_zps9e3ed9fd.png

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Fancied one of these for a while now. Got it booting into XBMC at the moment although I might use it as a torrent machine/XBMC. Was also considering to use it as a NAS but fear it may be far too slow. Haven't overclocked it yet or fitted heatsinks athough I have dozens of them to choose from.

P1060573_zpsebf2f429.jpg

Will probably make my own enclosure that'll take the 2.5" drive I have plugged into it, unless I decide (can afford) to have a network drive instead.

And a (would have been) lovely orange led 7 segment display for a project which sadly doesn't work. It's got built on constant current TLC5926 ICs at the back which should have worked really well. None of the segments emit light even with my DMM.

P1060570_zps8fef8884.jpg

May just have to get 4 orange 7 segs from Farnell or somewhere and do it myself with a Maxim chip.

Mine is running Raspbmc, also Deluge torrent client, and samba for visibility.

Samba is a bit slow as the Ethernet and USB all run off one controller.

Associate
Got these because I'll be adding some Spigen tempered glass to my phone and don't want the home button to be level or recessed.

Hopefully they won't look tacky. We shall see.

CNnBXGG.jpg

32gb refurbished Nexus 10. Bought off the Bay for £299. The only thing that wasn't in immaculate condition was the little manual.

QRxkSOh.jpg

Soldato
rsada.jpg

Ratchet screwdriver, new pair of gloves for the winter months and some reading material, well sorta. The law book is more for me looking up the legal definitions when I need them got it cheap in smiths because the front page was a bit beat (I didn't even realise) :)

Soldato
IMG_0507_zpsedd732ce.jpg

soundmagic e10's. cant get over how good these are.. got them because i had a rainforest voucher and wanted something to make my day bag a bit lighter/smaller (carting around HD25's).

really impressed, i never really got on with IEMs (always falling out, tinny sound etc) but these have blown me away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom