Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, dark skies, I had the telescope in Edinburgh for a few months, was wasted under that light pollution. I moved it to Loch Rannoch in April, never got used throughout the summer but now it will get a lot of use. Hopefully

A friend of mine does a lot of work with his telescopey and his SLR, has a bracket so it connects directly to it and works like an enormous lens :D

He has some clever software which guides it all so he can do 10 minute captures but it tracks so it looks like a still image, then he stacks all the images together, again using some clever software and comes out with some incredible results! :)

Do you do anything similar?

A friend of mine does a lot of work with his telescopey and his SLR, has a bracket so it connects directly to it and works like an enormous lens :D

He has some clever software which guides it all so he can do 10 minute captures but it tracks so it looks like a still image, then he stacks all the images together, again using some clever software and comes out with some incredible results! :)

Do you do anything similar?

Cool, I have friends who are right into astro photography, for me it purely visual observing, the telescope does have a goto function, once aligned it can slew to any object that's above.

Cool, I have friends who are right into astro photography, for me it purely visual observing, the telescope does have a goto function, once aligned it can slew to any object that's above.

It fascinates me, but I don't have the money, time or space (hurr, geddit?) to invest in a decent bit of kit, unfortunately.

More for the beast:

wner.jpg

It fascinates me, but I don't have the money, time or space (hurr, geddit?) to invest in a decent bit of kit, unfortunately.

You could see if there are any astronomy groups in your area, that way you get to look for free but don't have the hassle of buying and transporting all the gear lol

Yes, dark skies, I had the telescope in Edinburgh for a few months, was wasted under that light pollution. I moved it to Loch Rannoch in April, never got used throughout the summer but now it will get a lot of use. Hopefully

Nice, looks like a Nuke Launcher!

Buzzed along the North of Loch Rannoch a number of times this summer, love the drive to Pitlochry and then over Glen Shee.

Scotland Wins!

If you're not out every single clear night using that thing I will come over and batter you :D

After seeing some views through a 12" dob and thinking they were awesome around here, I can only hope to imagine what kind of views you will be getting.

I think NASA better ditch Hubble now and just move to yours :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom