Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Russinating-
I assume that photo was taken with a GoPro?
Been looking a bit at quadrocopters too. How do you see to take the photo? Is it transmitting back to a screen?
Not sure about that photo but a lot of people have a FPV system installed that sends video from a camera down to goggles or a screen.

Soldato
More food for the beast....

nrnu.jpg

EVGA couldn't find anything smaller for the packaging.
do you have a build log? :p

Soldato
Not your money so why care? It's only like buying an ornament or equally useless trinket that most people have in their houses lol.

:confused: It's a topic about people buying things, what do you expect? We're presumably all guilty of spending money on superfluous stuff so I'm sure he's not particularly concerned what anyone else thinks anyway.

Soldato
Are those Cambridge Audio speakers? I had ones that looked very similar - Bought mainly for their slimness and looks but sadly the sound didn't live up :(

Yes they are, i can't complain for £100, they sound fine to me - especially for £100 lol. And i bought them for the looks and slimness too.

What exactly didn't you like about the sound? Maybe they were just mismatched with your amp. I tested these in Richer sounds last week with my Onkyo and was happy with them for what i want them for. I imagine i'll be pretty pleased with the 5.1 set when i get them all, certainly a vast improvement over my old panasonic dvd 5.1 system lol.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes they are, i can't complain for £100, they sound fine to me - especially for £100 lol. And i bought them for the looks and slimness too.

What exactly didn't you like about the sound? Maybe they were just mismatched with your amp. I tested these in Richer sounds last week with my Onkyo and was happy with them for what i want them for. I imagine i'll be pretty pleased with the 5.1 set when i get them all, certainly a vast improvement over my old panasonic dvd 5.1 system lol.

My amp is a Nad and they're very easy going with speakers really. The problem was that the CA speakers didn't give a sound that felt natural, it always felt digital even though my amp is analogue, as if there was something being left out from the music. I side-graded from a pair of Mordaunt-Short 914i as I wanted a slimmer and sleeker looking speaker to better match my setup's looks hence the Cambridge pair and they were priced very nicely at the time too (although not as low as what you got them!).

Returned them within the safe period to Richer Sounds and paid extra for a pair of Tannoy which were exactly what my ears have been listening for and the want for slimmer speakers has been on long term hold since :)

Soldato
My amp is a Nad and they're very easy going with speakers really. The problem was that the CA speakers didn't give a sound that felt natural, it always felt digital even though my amp is analogue, as if there was something being left out from the music. I side-graded from a pair of Mordaunt-Short 914i as I wanted a slimmer and sleeker looking speaker to better match my setup's looks hence the Cambridge pair and they were priced very nicely at the time too (although not as low as what you got them!).

Returned them within the safe period to Richer Sounds and paid extra for a pair of Tannoy which were exactly what my ears have been listening for and the want for slimmer speakers has been on long term hold since :)

I suppose a lot matters on what you listen too? I listen to a lot of trance / prog and house, so the 'digital' sound suits the S70's, bass is well controlled too and synths etc sound good. I do listen to a lot of other stuff too, like You me at 6, a lot of 'lounge', and a lot of '90's music, and i haven't thought 'this sounds terrible on these speakers' yet lol. Maybe my ears are poor, or i'm just not that fussy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom