Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
IronWarrior, have you ever had a discussion with people on this forum about your hobby? Any sensible adult response to the people that ridicule you, reasoned arguments as to why it's no different to xyz?

** Comment removed - No need to get personal **

Caporegime
Ultimately, everyone has their own interests. Evidently peoples comments do not bother him otherwise he wouldn't post his photos every few weeks.

Still funny watching peoples reactions though :p

Soldato
IronWarrior, have you ever had a discussion with people on this forum about your hobby? Any sensible adult response to the people that ridicule you, reasoned arguments as to why it's no different to xyz?

No point having having a discussion about things like this since this place is full of Internet tough guys who wouldn't dare say the crap they post to my face or to anyone else for that matter, being honest. I'm guilty of this myself to a degree, but that's the power of the internet but I strive to be myself online and offline as anything else would be just a lie.

I generally think most of the people who do give trollest comments are just normal every day polite people who if you met them in person wouldn't really care what you do, dress like or whatever hobbies you might have.

My professional and social circle who I would call friends are a mix of people from all around the world, different age groups from people who are younger then me to people who are very old with different jobs from people who work in low paid jobs to CEO's who know am into Anime. Their reaction is normally just interest but that's it, they don't have a problem with it.

End of the day, we go out and have a few pints and carry on.

Just for your interest, there is a dedicated topic for Anime fans in this forum but they normally keep to themselves and don't post their purchases in the monthly what we bought topics because of comments people make. :p

I don't have this problem, people can say whatever they want, that's their freedom, am expressing my freedom as well. Some of the things might upset me but am happy to ignore them and move on.

** Comment in above quote has been removed now **

The two links below are very interesting reads from a guy who left the UK many years ago to go and work in Japan who is a pretty hardcore Anime fan. The first link is a very long read but it's worth while. I linked them because I think it's relevant to your question.

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/26094/How+Discovering+Japan+Changed+My+Life.html

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/25018/Danny+Choo.html

Now, am no where as successful as he is, am just a every day normal person who works hard to live.

Last edited:
Associate
enqu.jpg
[/URL]

Associate
No point having having a discussion about things like this since this place is full of Internet tough guys who wouldn't dare say the crap they post to my face or to anyone else for that matter, being honest. I'm guilty of this myself to a degree, but that's the power of the internet but I strive to be myself online and offline as anything else would be just a lie.

*snip*

Good show sir! I like your openness

IopCjkr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom