Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I love this thread just for IronWarriors images and the comments following them! Cracks me up each time. :D

** comment removed - That goes too far! **

Soldato
l3HSCQQ.jpg
ROAAAAAD Trip!!!

Flying to Seattle for 4 days then flying to San Francisco, and going to Yosemite, Vegas and the Grand Canyon, might take in LA for a day if we can fit it in.

Soldato
No point having having a discussion about things like this since this place is full of Internet tough guys who wouldn't dare say the crap they post to my face or to anyone else for that matter, being honest. I'm guilty of this myself to a degree, but that's the power of the internet but I strive to be myself online and offline as anything else would be just a lie.

Yup, I would. I find it incredibly weird.

But it's your weird hobby so you can do whatever you want :)

Soldato
No point having having a discussion about things like this since this place is full of Internet tough guys who wouldn't dare say the crap they post to my face or to anyone else for that matter, being honest. I'm guilty of this myself to a degree, but that's the power of the internet but I strive to be myself online and offline as anything else would be just a lie.

I generally think most of the people who do give trollest comments are just normal every day polite people who if you met them in person wouldn't really care what you do, dress like or whatever hobbies you might have.

My professional and social circle who I would call friends are a mix of people from all around the world, different age groups from people who are younger then me to people who are very old with different jobs from people who work in low paid jobs to CEO's who know am into Anime. Their reaction is normally just interest but that's it, they don't have a problem with it.

End of the day, we go out and have a few pints and carry on.

Just for your interest, there is a dedicated topic for Anime fans in this forum but they normally keep to themselves and don't post their purchases in the monthly what we bought topics because of comments people make. :p

I don't have this problem, people can say whatever they want, that's their freedom, am expressing my freedom as well. Some of the things might upset me but am happy to ignore them and move on.

** Comment in above quote has been removed now **

The two links below are very interesting reads from a guy who left the UK many years ago to go and work in Japan who is a pretty hardcore Anime fan. The first link is a very long read but it's worth while. I linked them because I think it's relevant to your question.

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/26094/How+Discovering+Japan+Changed+My+Life.html

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/25018/Danny+Choo.html

Now, am no where as successful as he is, am just a every day normal person who works hard to live.

Just sat down and read through the first link. What an amazing life he has im so jealous.

Soldato

I generally think most of the people who do give trollest comments are just normal every day polite people who if you met them in person wouldn't really care what you do, dress like or whatever hobbies you might have.

My professional and social circle who I would call friends are a mix of people from all around the world, different age groups from people who are younger then me to people who are very old with different jobs from people who work in low paid jobs to CEO's who know am into Anime. Their reaction is normally just interest but that's it, they don't have a problem with it.

End of the day, we go out and have a few pints and carry on.

Just for your interest, there is a dedicated topic for Anime fans in this forum but they normally keep to themselves and don't post their purchases in the monthly what we bought topics because of comments people make. :p

I don't have this problem, people can say whatever they want, that's their freedom, am expressing my freedom as well. Some of the things might upset me but am happy to ignore them and move on.

** Comment in above quote has been removed now **

The two links below are very interesting reads from a guy who left the UK many years ago to go and work in Japan who is a pretty hardcore Anime fan. The first link is a very long read but it's worth while. I linked them because I think it's relevant to your question.

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/26094/How+Discovering+Japan+Changed+My+Life.html

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/25018/Danny+Choo.html

Now, am no where as successful as he is, am just a every day normal person who works hard to live.

All very fine and well until the party van turns up outside your gaff.

Associate
Just sat down and read through the first link. What an amazing life he has im so jealous.

Just did the same and had the same reaction. It just goes to show what you can do if you want something badly enough regardless of what those around you say or do to you to make you question your decision.

Soldato

To be fair, the stuff you buy is more interesting to me than looking at the usual computer parts or washing machines that most people post about in here :)

Soldato
eabd031a-8ce3-478d-be8e-0b756481641d_zps22b0964a.jpg

Soldato
Just did the same and had the same reaction. It just goes to show what you can do if you want something badly enough regardless of what those around you say or do to you to make you question your decision.

Yeah that's pretty cool actually.

The Cyperpunk Collection was a complete rip-off though. I bought the first episode of Genocyber on VHS, and was like "Man, how much money? Sigh". I never did finish seeing the final episode until a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom