Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nice^

It's either that or a Synology box for me as an everything included solution for NAS/Backup. How are you finding it and what are its uses?

My Media drives have 300GB left so raiding up another 3TB is the plan but on a dedicated box like that (or Synology). Would also mean my own PC only really has an SSD plugged in and nothing else. Less cables, less power, more efficient.

Cheers!

It's a brilliant piece of kit, especially for under £100 including WHS2011 (cashback deal)! I have thrown some money at it though, upgraded the RAM to 8Gb Kingston, SSD boot, using RAID-1 2Tb 7200RPM SAS drives on a RocketRaid at the moment and i'm using WHS2011.
It's damn fast for a NAS, using it for backup and media only, but have plans to implement FTP as well as a 4 disk RAID-5 array.

The only things i don't like are:
WHS2011 backup is soooo slow, best to use 3rd party.
Taking the server apart to upgrade/install components is a pain, it's so tight and fiddly.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm sounds like a lot of effort. The extra cost of the Synology probably won't be that much more once you factor in additional money put into a microserver I guess plus you get the all in one solution with all software components as part of it (SAB/Torrent etc).

I'll make a decision over the next few months :p

Caporegime
Hmm sounds like a lot of effort. The extra cost of the Synology probably won't be that much more once you factor in additional money put into a microserver I guess plus you get the all in one solution with all software components as part of it (SAB/Torrent etc).

Looked into it a few months ago.

The fact that the HP is fiddly, needs setting up and no hot swap means the Synology 412+ was a really attractive option.

If you want upgrade path then get the 713+ which is 2 bay but you can then add either a 2 bay expansion unit or even a 5 bay (takes it up to 7) at a later date.

Associate
Hi

My new, well second hand purchase, managed to save the GFX card, HDD's & PSU from my old rig.

MSI%20Rig%202013.jpg

Chris

Soldato

Just to add my two cents... I've tried a Synology NAS, a Netgear ReadyNAS and I currently have a HP Microserver N40L. The Microserver has been my favourite and easiest to use.

Soldato
Or buy certerazine online for a lot cheaper than boots, I got 180 tablets same as what you got on a prescription for £5

They do nothing for me. Got some Pirinase spray from the docs which seems to be working great so far. Will have to check if it can be bought 'over the counter' for cheaper online.

Man of Honour
I want to try these out, they are meant to be great but then I already have like 8 pairs of headphones !

The ones that I use the most? Apple earbuds ! albeit the sealed ones.

They seem absolutely superb so far, I bought some AKG K551's and they weren't nearly as good.

Soldato
Or buy certerazine online for a lot cheaper than boots, I got 180 tablets same as what you got on a prescription for £5

Never thought of ordering it online. Are there reputable places?

Why not scrap all that and get some prescription tablets?

I never think it is that bad to warrant going to the doctor, the over the counter stuff seems to work ok.

Do any of those actually work? I get such bad hayfever and when I tried some medication last timer for it it did nothing. I just sit it out now. :(

I've always been using the tablets, I tried the spray today after it is recommended by a friend and seems to be working well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom