Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Both. Know nothing about either.

Got photoplus magazine as it had some guides on stuff I want to take.
There's one on water falls using longish exposure to get the cool water look,
Another guide on how to take and combine two images so you can get a decent shot of the landscape and the sky.
Another how to take HDR and combine from -2 stop to +2 to get all the detail

And found some guides online how to take photos of star filled sky.

Now roll on 22nd for three days in dartmoor to put it and my camping gear to the test. Just hope for at least some clear skies.

Emi h I could afford a lens for moon shots but that'll have to wait for another month.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yay

No idea how to use it though.

What is this, this is unheard of Glaucus spending money, are you ok mate :p

Associate
Both. No nothing about either.

Ahh, well I hope you have fun with it, I did quite like learning even though it could be a bit of a head scratcher at times. I guess each will have their own favourites but my favourite guide to explaining ISO, shutter speed and aperture is this (yes on a cookery site, lol) and the easiest at a glance chart for 'stops' on this page here (though I haven't read the blog itself).

Man of Honour
Ahh, well I hope you have fun with it, I did quite like learning even though it could be a bit of a head scratcher at times. I guess each will have their own favourites but my favourite guide to explaining ISO, shutter speed and aperture is this (yes on a cookery site, lol) and the easiest at a glance chart for 'stops' on this page here (though I haven't read the blog itself).

Thank you, that's a very good article.

Man of Honour
Why on earth did you buy that. Its cheap horrible compost, and expensive. Should have just ordered a ton of top soil which would have been better quality.
I've used a fair few to just fill a bit in, but bulk orders like that I wouldn't have got that stuff.

Associate
Twiglet is only 1 1/2 years old it is all fluff. I am planting lots of stuff when it arrives veg and flowers. I also have a big area of roof that has been left as 'brown field site' so every year I put some compost on there and seeds to make it look nicer.

I did look at topsoil but I am on the 6th floor and can't get a ton bag in. I had to lift all this from the ground floor to the lift then through the flat onto my roof terrace they are only £6 a bag then £20 delivery charge so £7 a bag including delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom