Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Indeed, i love the Sonos stuff we have about the house - need to get a play 1 for one of the kids, just setup her hi fi thing and it seems such old clunky tech taking up so much room!

Nice, I'm going to go with a playbar for the living room, a play5 for the kitchen and a play1 for the bedroom, although that might need upping to the play3 dependant on whether the play1 has enough kick to be heard from the en suite.

Soldato
New tv, finally had to get one before stock ran dry!

13040741184_e49d4ae5c0_z.jpg

42 or 50" GT60? Nice!

Where from?

Associate
Far too much capitalist rubbish in this thread. To redress ze balance, I have purchased Mother Russia's finest bolt-action rifle!

This is a 1936 dated M1891/30 Mosin Nagant. It is not a refurb, and has been well-used so I'd bet it was used in anger. Having looked at these things via various media throughout my life, but never having handled one until now, the big thing that immediately strikes you is how blooming massive they are. And heavy.

Fully deactivated and UK legal.

Sorry about the snaps: awful iPhone and dark here.

The Deactivated part makes me sad:mad: I have several of those and the M44 Version,,, and almost all the fun is in the shooting. the ball o fire from the M44 is quite large. and the Kick from both lets you know that about 20 rounds is all the shoulder will put up with in one day, what poor modification do they do to "deactivate it" ???

Soldato
The Deactivated part makes me sad:mad: I have several of those and the M44 Version,,, and almost all the fun is in the shooting. the ball o fire from the M44 is quite large. and the Kick from both lets you know that about 20 rounds is all the shoulder will put up with in one day, what poor modification do they do to "deactivate it" ???

What they do varies according to the weapon type and year of deactivation. Bolt-action rifles have a slot cut along the underside of most of the barrel's length, a steel rod welded into the barrel, the head of the bolt cut off at 45 degrees and a steel pin welded into the chamber. The firing pin is also cut off.

Automatic weapons have it even worse, with everything welded closed apart from the magazine.

This is 'current spec'. Older 'specs' are much kinder.

Personally, I'm a history geek more than a shooter, so the deactivation part doesn't upset me too much. Darned shame about the chamber though, as it would be nice to properly cycle an inert round. :(

Soldato
[TW]Sponge;25972452 said:
Just the way I picked it up all those years ago. Feels natural though.

I can't play it the right way round.

Hey it didn't hurt Hendrix :)

Hendrix played a RH guitar in a LH position because they didn't really make LH guitars back then.

I personally think it's best to learn to play RH even if you are LH because you have so much more choice in guitars, plus I've always thought as a RH person I would have much more grip strength in my right hand for chords.

Associate
Raymond Lin, is that you??

Took it with an S4 but came out shaky. I will delete and upload anther in afternoon.

Where do you purchase your gold/silver from?

Silver from Germany 7% VAT (Now it`s 19% VAT) and Gold from Coinsinvestdirect or Bullionbypost.

I think the markets are going to be bouncing around the current mark for a bit, so I wouldn't rush as the premiums are still pretty high vs the Spot prices.

Edit: I take that back as I have no idea, and you should make your own mind up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom