Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Pretty interesting; what's the iPhone charger called?

I had something pretty similar for my 1320:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KRZTH1Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

But it ended up breaking and I didn't buy another. It snapped around the bit that plugs into the phone due to it being wrapped tight inside a case.

That's pretty much it. Any Qi adaptor will do fine as Qi does not conform to the MFi standard so it isn't officially supported. The one I purchased is the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010COUYPY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

As well as the following charging pad:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M9TBTDM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm surprised that the wireless charging pad works considering I'm powering it through a front panel USB which I didn't think would output the 5V/2A required to power it. However it still works.

Soldato
New wheels. 27.5" 23mm rim width for the new bike.
22342687566_27de182c25_c.jpg

22342687596_b2efb268db_c.jpg

Soldato
82 Euros... About £60/month inc vat...

Hetzner.de...

Hope this server isn't mission critical, Hetzner are by far the most unreliable provider we ever had the misfortune to use, if anything worse than OVH (and that's saying something). Continual hardware failures across 4 different servers and a lack of urgency applied by their support team forced us to go elsewhere.

Soldato
My new dedicated server has been provisioned.

-- Specs --
Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07GHz, 4 cores
4GB RAM
2x 1TB HDDs configured in RAID1

server.png

-- Connection --
200Mbit Guaranteed Uplink - Burstable up to 1Gbit

4765700947.png

Costing me a massive £15 /month. Using it for hosting a few websites, a teamspeak server and a couple of gameservers. It's cheap as it uses older but still perfectly functional hardware. Hard drives are brand new however.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hope this server isn't mission critical, Hetzner are by far the most unreliable provider we ever had the misfortune to use, if anything worse than OVH (and that's saying something). Continual hardware failures across 4 different servers and a lack of urgency applied by their support team forced us to go elsewhere.

Not critical, no... it would be annoying if there was a failure, but no big deal.

My previous server has been running for over a year without issue, the new one is too new to comment.

I have been interacting with support for installing custom images and more... their replies have all been within 15 minutes and that included someone walking to the server to plug in a vKVM.

OVH you'd usually be waiting 24-72 hours for a reply... let alone the lies in provisioning... claiming 2 minute delivery, turning it into 2-4 weeks on more than one occasion.

For a mission critcal server, I wouldn't go for bargain basement ;)

-- Specs --
4GB RAM

server.png

-- Connection --

4765700947.png

Costing me a massive £15 /month. Using it for hosting a few websites, a teamspeak server and a couple of gameservers. It's cheap as it uses older but still perfectly functional hardware. Hard drives are brand new however.

This server isn't the newest around, it's using a 3770k... I also got a good deal on the previous server because it was using a 2600k... both more than enough for what I need :)

Last edited:
Associate

-- Specs --
4GB RAM

server.png

-- Connection --

4765700947.png

Who's that with?

Soldato
I'm surprised that the wireless charging pad works considering I'm powering it through a front panel USB which I didn't think would output the 5V/2A required to power it. However it still works.

I could be off here, but I would have thought it would still charge it even if it couldn't, as the port is always going to output 5v unless something is wrong, it's just the amperage that may be lower on lower power ports which will just affect charging time not charging ability?

Associate
That's pretty much it. Any Qi adaptor will do fine as Qi does not conform to the MFi standard so it isn't officially supported. The one I purchased is the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010COUYPY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

As well as the following charging pad:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M9TBTDM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have just purchased both of the above. Thanks!

Associate
can you get the lightning plug out of the iphone while that's installed though? They look pretty cool but looks like once it's installed you need to take the case off to use the port.

You would have to take the case off if you installed the module so that it fits as snugly as possible. You could always install the module so that some of the wire is loose and you could use a thin piece of metal (i.e. hair clip/needle) to pop it out when needed.

Although with wireless syncing via iTunes, for me there's no need to take the lightning plug out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom