Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
To replace the one I have which is having left stick issues, will order a new stick from the bay and repair the old one now I have a spare.

IMG_20160429_114820942_HDR.jpg

Soldato
A new Osprey Talon 33 daysack, a CRKT Liong Mah #5 knife, some US 550 paracord, and a paracord activity book. Paracord is awesome stuff! All for camping and other related outdoor activities.

ParacordBagBookKnife.jpg

Here's a few of the knife with the lanyard that I made from the black and olive paracord. It's a bit untidy but for a first attempt I think it's pretty good!

CRKTLMD5Back.jpg

CRKTLMD5Held.jpg

I'm very impressed with the quality of the CRKT Liong Mah #5. It's very sturdy and the blade sits perfectly in the centre of the knife. It's also very sharp!

And, a new Swiss Army Knife to add to my 20 year old Swiss Champ and 5 year old CyberTool (because why not?!). This one has a longer, locking blade so it's ideal for camping use and outside in the garden. I went for the Outrider over the Trailmaster because it has a pair of scissors which I use all the time.

VictorinoxOutrider.jpg

VictorinoxOutriderClosed.jpg

Soldato
Still not sure what to make of the M3 as a replacement for many failed and corrupted Sansaclips/rockbox

My rockboxed Clip+ lasted for the best part of 5 years before it gave up the ghost.

I wouldn't have touched the m3 with a bargepole because my number 1 favourite feature from rockbox is perfect gapless playback and the m3 can't do it because the hardware inside is too crap to handle it. Those are the words straight from the horses mouth:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780622/fii...c-wma-24-hours-hifi-earbuds/780#post_12132263

Associate
My rockboxed Clip+ lasted for the best part of 5 years before it gave up the ghost.

I wouldn't have touched the m3 with a bargepole because my number 1 favourite feature from rockbox is perfect gapless playback and the m3 can't do it because the hardware inside is too crap to handle it. Those are the words straight from the horses mouth:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780622/fii...c-wma-24-hours-hifi-earbuds/780#post_12132263

Yeah the clips are amazing but seeing as they are now no longer in production they are fetching premium prices on the bay for what are mostly refurbs.

I was after something which could hold charge/bigger battery life. My clips were going flat after 4/5 hours whereas this does 20+ easily

The gapless playback is something i can deal with (mainly listen to longer music mixes and podcasts) but the UI is a huge step backwards

Hoping that some firmware updates can iron out a few issues . A lot of the reviews that i read gave a very positive impression but im not completely sold on how great everyone makes it out to be (might make a mini review at some point if anyone is interested )

Soldato
The gapless playback is something i can deal with (mainly listen to longer music mixes and podcasts) but the UI is a huge step backwards

I also listen to a few longer mixes but when I listen to albums, I'm an old fashioned git who listens from beginning to end and I notice glitches immediately.

My clip+ was still doing 10 hours+ on a full charge but when it randomly died, I wasn't going to stump up silly money for another one so I'm now using gonemad music player on a cheap android phone. It really is a great app. You obviously must have an interest in using your phone for other things having a top end one but I don't have any use for apps/browsing etc.

Soldato
Oh man, I downloaded the new building design suite and it won't install. So infuriating!

What does your log file say? Are you running the install as admin?

It's part of my job to diagnose problems like these. The installer most commonly fails because of Bim 360 components already being installed.

Mind if I mail you in trust to discuss it?

I got the Infrastructure Design Suite installed also (just finished that one) Both installed and worked fine!

Now to tweak and import my old 2016 stuff over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom