<<<<< IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING R9 290X BF4 PRE-ORDERS / DEPOSITS!! >>>>>

Soldato
I saw this thread shortly after gibbo posted it, few mins later got the test email. Would have posted sooner but after reading the email tried to come here to reply but browser kept crashing on my nexus 7 for some reason.

Associate
Got my test email thanks

Gibbo I have a few questions though.

1. You said first half of your 290X's have been delivered, how do we know if we are in that first half or not, and do you expect the rest of the 290x's to be delivered today/tomorrow? I was hoping to have mine delivered by the 25th.

2. Our free forum shipping, can that be selected to include next day delivery? Again hoping to get the 290x by the 25th.

3. Will the none BF4 290x be available tomorrow, if so how many of these are available? I.e will we realistically need to wake up at 6am just to secure a none BF4 290x?

4. Will the email include 290 prices?

thanks

OcUK Staff
Got my test email thanks

Gibbo I have a few questions though.

1. You said first half of your 290X's have been delivered, how do we know if we are in that first half or not, and do you expect the rest of the 290x's to be delivered today/tomorrow? I was hoping to have mine delivered by the 25th.
Tomorrow morning you will receive an email, this will show you are part of the first half. Second half will be emailed later on, so check your emails tomorrow morning to see if you are one of the lucky ones. :)

2. Our free forum shipping, can that be selected to include next day delivery? Again hoping to get the 290x by the 25th.
If you are a forum member who have the free shipping then it will use the DPD Next Day delivery. :)

3. Will the none BF4 290x be available tomorrow, if so how many of these are available? I.e will we realistically need to wake up at 6am just to secure a none BF4 290x?
This will be mentioned in the email tomorrow morning too. :)

4. Will the email include 290 prices?
It will have all the information on all products we have available, so prices will be in there too. :)

thanks

My answers in orange. :)

Associate
My answers in orange. :)

Cool, thanks. Im guessing im in first half since I preordered first couple of hours on the first day thinking they would fly off the proverbial shelf. But in fact the BF4 290x's stayed up for best part of a week before going OoS.

Can you update us with an MSI/HIS ETA as per the other forum thread Gibbo?

Also what memory chips are on the HIS/MSI - Hopefully SK Hynix.

is the HIS not gonna be available tomorrow? I was looking at either HIS or sapphire.

Associate
Email received.

Will check tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that AMD won't pull up a Titan and have it priced at £800+ :D

Im hoping the BF4 290x is priced as follows:

Normal BF4 copy included - £400
Premium BF4 copy included - £450.

Bear in mind we have already paid £100 towards this though, bf4 and bf4 premium is probably worth about £40 and £30 respectively, so I dont take that into account when thinking how much im willing to pay.

I just hope its not something stupid like £500+. The 280X only costs ~£230, and the normal 290 will probably be £50-£75 cheaper than this, so I dont realistcally see how they could price the 290 over like £450, its too big a gap imo.

I also am not impressed by AMDs tactics of releasing the 290 a full week after the 290x, considering the 290 is only ~10% slower than the 290x but will no doubt cost more than 10% less.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I got the test email, thanks. Not sure if I am going to go through with it (especially if heat rumours are true) but will reply tomorrow morning once I have seen price and benches.

Back
Top Bottom