IMPORTANT: Members Market access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Is there heavy MM usage with the grandfathered lot then? I can’t remember buying or selling on there :/
I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy pretty much anything I want new (at least, when it comes to computer parts!) and family and friends get my old stuff. Still, would be nice to have the option, rather than having to resort to Amazon marketplace or (shudder) eBay.

Associate
i waited eagerly for 10 years for MM access as it took me that long to do 1000 posts. i thought it'd be full of bargains but it isn't really imo, things mostly sell for market value afaik.

Man of Honour
i waited eagerly for 10 years for MM access as it took me that long to do 1000 posts. i thought it'd be full of bargains but it isn't really imo, things mostly sell for market value afaik.

Lotta folks have unrealistic expectations, but there are some good deals in there.

Haggling is the best though. Only on the MM do you get people withdrawing from a sale over a quid.

Last edited:
Don
i thought it'd be full of bargains but it isn't really imo, things mostly sell for market value afaik.

There are often deals, freebies and other good stuff going on in there. However, even if items are market value, you generally have the benefit of knowing where it came from (can often see in the wider forum when someone bought something, what they've used it for etc), and ofter sellers are happy to help with warranty claims and the like

str

str

Soldato

Figuring out MM prices is easy.

Look to see what it sells for on commercial second hand sites and slash that price.

I sold a GTX 970 recently on the MM. The buyer had a wanted thread and had suggested a GTX 970 was worth £50. I corrected him and sold it for £20 + delivery.

I trust that most buyers on the MM are buying for a good cause.

Man of Honour
As someone said earlier in the thread you need to play the MM game.

Come in with an offer of 50% less than asking, seller comes back and agrees as long as buyer covers postage, buyer says "YoU'rE TaKiNg ThE pEe M8!" leaves a passive aggressive GL with sale message. 3 weeks later seller drops price to less than initially offered and someone buys it.

*may or may not be completely factual

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom