IMPORTANT: Members Market access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
that's a misquote - some ghetto translation ?
“Truly I tell you, unless someone is born again, he cannot see the MM”

Maybe they could have the equivalent of a green card lottery.

Associate
well my take is i'm heavily dyslexic so i am generally always a lurker and find i don't often need to make posts in any forum i'm on as a good search can often find what i'm looking for, i'm getting older and things change like i no longer own gaming PC's but i still love tech and doing projects when free time as an 40+ year old does, i joined this forum maybe 20 years ago spent a good deal of money in the shop over those years like an overclocked amd duron and always loved i had a safe place to look for deals and pass on good deals to others

but i guess like me life changes for the forum also and some the loyal customers loose out :(

Associate
I'm really not fussed about losing MM access. I've used the MM in the past to sell some unwanted bits. The buyers seemed very happy which was nice. I've also bought a couple of items that suspiciously failed a few days later lol. Irritating at the time but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I lurk on here loads (like pretty much every day at work) and can generally find information etc using the search function without having to post that much for help/advice. I'm not very tech savvy so I generally don't offer advice in hardware or software threads.

I enjoy some of GD but it's mostly just regurgitated news these days. GD used to be edgy & fun to read but it seems to have gone very politically correct & woke nowadays.

I've just discovered the bikers sub forum though which is a brucey bonus.

Associate
Will previous MM feedback remain once the requirements are met? Only noticed because I wanted to check-in on a for sale thread. I was wondering why my inbox was so quiet.

I've been fairly productive since the Reddit API changes, but I'm sure I can go back to having a coffee in the morning and browsing these forums instead. Lemmy isn't scratching that itch.

Associate
I've been a member here for around 20 years, have used the forum for requesting help and providing some help where I feel my contribution will be useful. I'm not keen on mindlessly babbling to others.

I've really appreciated the mm and the genuine and trustworthy attitude that it pervades. I used to be very into pc building etc and contributing more, but with age comes other responsibilities and I no longer have as much time or effort to put to the hobby. Currently i look on ocuk forum weekly. If I'm honest mainly for browsing the members market but that also leads to reading other parts of the forum and also looking at the main site and buying stuff. Im sure im not alone with this.

The sad thing is that this closed door will probably result in significantly fewer visits to both the general forum and the main site. Im clearly unlikely to double my post count now based on the above so a bit sad for me. The overall move seems a bit short sighted in my opinion.
Absolutely agree mate, I am in this same boat. I supported Ocuk right from the very start and have actually only just thrown away a very old 1st gen water cooling system from Waterchill Asetek in a Ocuk Tornado case, I remember pushing a Duron 700mhz to 1Ghz and hitting the 1Ghz CPU speeds thinking I was some sort of Oc'ing god, hours and hours tweaking and tuning ram speeds and voltages to get a stable OC, seems all but a fond memory now :D XMP profiles, smart OC motherboards etc pretty much killed the "skill and knowledge" required lol.

Oh well :D atb for the future.

Soldato
I've been a member here for around 20 years, have used the forum for requesting help and providing some help where I feel my contribution will be useful. I'm not keen on mindlessly babbling to others.

I've really appreciated the mm and the genuine and trustworthy attitude that it pervades. I used to be very into pc building etc and contributing more, but with age comes other responsibilities and I no longer have as much time or effort to put to the hobby. Currently i look on ocuk forum weekly. If I'm honest mainly for browsing the members market but that also leads to reading other parts of the forum and also looking at the main site and buying stuff. Im sure im not alone with this.

The sad thing is that this closed door will probably result in significantly fewer visits to both the general forum and the main site. Im clearly unlikely to double my post count now based on the above so a bit sad for me. The overall move seems a bit short sighted in my opinion.
well my take is i'm heavily dyslexic so i am generally always a lurker and find i don't often need to make posts in any forum i'm on as a good search can often find what i'm looking for, i'm getting older and things change like i no longer own gaming PC's but i still love tech and doing projects when free time as an 40+ year old does, i joined this forum maybe 20 years ago spent a good deal of money in the shop over those years like an overclocked amd duron and always loved i had a safe place to look for deals and pass on good deals to others

but i guess like me life changes for the forum also and some the loyal customers loose out :(
I'm really not fussed about losing MM access. I've used the MM in the past to sell some unwanted bits. The buyers seemed very happy which was nice. I've also bought a couple of items that suspiciously failed a few days later lol. Irritating at the time but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I lurk on here loads (like pretty much every day at work) and can generally find information etc using the search function without having to post that much for help/advice. I'm not very tech savvy so I generally don't offer advice in hardware or software threads.

I enjoy some of GD but it's mostly just regurgitated news these days. GD used to be edgy & fun to read but it seems to have gone very politically correct & woke nowadays.

I've just discovered the bikers sub forum though which is a brucey bonus.
Absolutely agree mate, I am in this same boat. I supported Ocuk right from the very start and have actually only just thrown away a very old 1st gen water cooling system from Waterchill Asetek in a Ocuk Tornado case, I remember pushing a Duron 700mhz to 1Ghz and hitting the 1Ghz CPU speeds thinking I was some sort of Oc'ing god, hours and hours tweaking and tuning ram speeds and voltages to get a stable OC, seems all but a fond memory now :D XMP profiles, smart OC motherboards etc pretty much killed the "skill and knowledge" required lol.

Oh well :D atb for the future.
No whiny leaving posts pls

Associate
No whiny leaving posts pls
its called feedback which should hold some value somewhere from a customer satisfaction perspective, "isn't really contributing to the overall OcUK community" agreed... but I am sure we (whiny people) all contributed financially to the bank of OverClockers with purchases over our years... maybe we should have a minimum spend requirement also to gain access... :)

Soldato
its called feedback which should hold some value somewhere from a customer satisfaction perspective, "isn't really contributing to the overall OcUK community" agreed... but I am sure we (whiny people) all contributed financially to the bank of OverClockers with purchases over our years... maybe we should have a minimum spend requirement also to gain access... :)
Forum is not a shop

Permabanned

Why spend something though for MM access? That for certain will lose more users than gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom