IMPORTANT: Members Market access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
tbh, I am mainly active in MM, but that's just because I don't really have much to add to many threads anymore. I mainly used to do the modding stuff on here and unfortunately, people don't do as much on forums as they used to.

I also have a sickening amount of hardware coming and going through my house and I would prefer to give people decent deals in a place that I like rather than have to deal with idiots on eBay or Fb marketplace.

If I do see posts I can answer I converse, but yeah, overall, I would say I am 75% marketplace now.

Soldato
Surely increase minimum post requirement by 1 per week or similar. Would require a continuous effort / engagement.
Well people should want to 'engage' with the community, that's what forums are. Not just used as a free selling site.
It shouldn't also be a box ticking exercise either, just getting post count up to gain access again. Tbh I'd be wary of people like that.

Last edited:

kar

kar

Associate
I was affected by this - generally engaged in MM only, and well under the new limit. It was of value to me both as a buyer/seller and i passively consumed the forum reading quite a lot but not adding a lot. Practically speaking I will now need to post more, and there is value in that for me (and I hope others!) longer term as that engagement does trigger a nice feedback loop. So suggestions above about using regular participation over time as a criteria for access is not a bad one, as otherwise there's not that incentive to remain as active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom