• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT SANDYBRIDGE OC INFO: Voltages & OC Guide!!~~~~~

Associate
Currently have my I5 2500k at 4.5 1.3Vcore - Just updated to the latest bios (not beta) on Asus P67 Deluxe.

Currently running prime and everything seems stable so far, will leave it over night and see how it is in the morning.

Temps at 100% load are high 50's early 60's - using corsair H70 cooler.

OcUK Staff
OP
Our is still running Prime with memory at 1.65v, still no issues, shall give it until end of day and then move to clocking the hell out of CPU, but I think we can assume running memory at 1.65v does not kill these, its just not recommended.

Soldato
Please note that the voltages shown with the CPU-z version 1.56 are not accurate.

Download the beta version 1.562 which reads the correct vCore.

LINK

This is only correct with certain boards. The foxconn H67S for example shows 1.66 as the vcore even though you can't adjust the voltage and the temperatures don't reflect the voltage.

If you use version 1.55 it won't even show the correct clock speed. Just default LOL

Just need the software guys to catch up!

Associate
Anyone know what setting lowers your overclock. Got it set to 4.4GHz but it stays there for about 3 seconds and then the cpu throttles down to 4GHz. Tried so many different settings and can't seem to get it to stay at the OC when under full load.
Edit:MSI GD65

Associate
Make sure you have Intel Speedstep enabled (EIST) in the UEFI

Ye I do but it is still running at 39 - 40 multiplier when doing something like Prime. It starts at 44x, but something seems to not want it to run at that. Will fiddle some more.
Well disabling the thing that makes it go to 1600 idle works. But it also means it stays at 4.4GHz the whole time. Will see if there is a way I can get a balance between them.
Edit: Ah got it working now enabling C1E was enabling some other C State so now I just have C1E.

Last edited:
Associate
For a while there i was a little bit worried about the quality of these chips, but now it seems most of the problems are stemming from people who are too eager to overclock their chips into oblivion.

Associate
Gibbo, how are you guys getting 4.6Ghz for your bundles with VCore equal to or lower than 1.325V? I am majorly struggling to get anything near that.

Soldato
I got my sandy yesterday. 2600k Asus pro board. 2x4gb corsair and a h70 cooler.

It's looking good for a [email protected] runs at about 60 degrease.

I just need to sort the ram out now. As it's defaulted to 1066 7-7-7-18 @1.5v there's so many options in the bios I need to have a really good look.

The above over clock was done with the windows app. Haven't had time for anything else.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Our test rig did over 48hrs and 1.65v memory prime stable, no issues. So memory voltage is not harming this one.

Were now running 4.8GHz with 1.45v, so a lot of voltage, so far 6hrs stable, so lets see how it fares.

Associate
How is this looking?

VCore in BIOS set to 1.325V ( Although this goes up to 1.36V sometimes in CPU-Z )
VDIMM 1.5V with timings 9 9 9 24

I would like a lower Vcore to be honest :p

3468bw0.jpg

Associate
This is 1.3vcore in bios and LLC at 'extreme'. Everything else at default/auto. Load Line Calibration made the biggest difference for me as I went from auto all the way to extreme (seems to make it go over my 1.3v though). From LLC adjustments it went from insta BSOD to stable for 1 min and totally? at extreme.

Just started some prime blend since Linx passed at 20. Stock bios.

stock cooler at the mo too :(
What cooler is everyone using on the asus p8p67 pro? It seems like the heatsinks around the cpu restrict what you can use.
I'm thinking about the akasa nero s/venom/contac 29 but is there anything else better for the money that will fit?

If it's stable think I'll try less vcore for 4.4ghz or see if 4.5ghz is possible at same or a bit more.

2d43yv.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
This is 1.3vcore in bios and LLC at 'extreme'. Everything else at default/auto. Load Line Calibration made the biggest difference for me as I went from auto all the way to extreme (seems to make it go over my 1.3v though). From LLC adjustments it went from insta BSOD to stable for 1 min and totally? at extreme.

Just started some prime blend since Linx passed at 20. Stock bios.

stock cooler at the mo too :(
What cooler is everyone using on the asus p8p67 pro? It seems like the heatsinks around the cpu restrict what you can use.
I'm thinking about the akasa nero s/venom/contac 29 but is there anything else better for the money that will fit?

If it's stable think I'll try less vcore for 4.4ghz or see if 4.5ghz is possible at same or a bit more.

2d43yv.jpg

With some playing, you should be able to get it stable at 4.5ghz at 1.28vcore

Associate
How is this looking?

VCore in BIOS set to 1.325V ( Although this goes up to 1.36V sometimes in CPU-Z )
VDIMM 1.5V with timings 9 9 9 24

I would like a lower Vcore to be honest :p

Getting similar results and was hoping for lower vcore aswell but then I am never lucky so meh :). What Batch number you? I am L036B112 and haven't seen a single other person with same batch number on other forums. I am guessing they are mostly from USA though.

Back
Top Bottom