• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Impressed with NVIDIA's Freesync

Permabanned
It just so happens my main monitor is Freesync despite the fact that I have a 1080. So with todays release of new driver, it took me minutes to discover all you have to do is enable Freesync on the monitor and the 1080 picks it up and adds new menus to the NVIDIA control panel. You just have to enable adaptive sync and off it goes. I have to say I am impressed. So far no problems with the monitor, everything is just great! So pleased NVIDIA included this!

Caporegime
It just so happens my main monitor is Freesync despite the fact that I have a 1080. So with todays release of new driver, it took me minutes to discover all you have to do is enable Freesync on the monitor and the 1080 picks it up and adds new menus to the NVIDIA control panel. You just have to enable adaptive sync and off it goes. I have to say I am impressed. So far no problems with the monitor, everything is just great! So pleased NVIDIA included this!

It's almost as if they had no choice.....

Soldato
there is no such thing as "nvidia" freesync. Freesync never has nor ever will need nvidia.

For me, the watershed moment was when Intel announced support on their upcoming discrete GPU. If nVidia wants GSync to survive they need to get AMD and Intel over to negotiate adoption and then find a way to reduce the cost of the module.

Associate
Funny how you're impressed with how easy "Nvidia's Freesync" is.

Meanwhile, for those of us who have had to "suffer" with AMD's Freesync for years, with it "simply not working" and all.

xD

Jokes aside: Yes! Adaptive Sync really is that easy !!
There's really nothing else to it!
(oh and it's not called Freesync, that's AMD's branded version of the VESA Standard, called Async, or Adaptive Sync...but I suppose [vacuum cleaner/hoover]....)

I just keep thinking (Shame!! Shame it has taken Nvidia so long to implement this!!)

Soldato
Funny how you're impressed with how easy "Nvidia's Freesync" is.

Meanwhile, for those of us who have had to "suffer" with AMD's Freesync for years, with it "simply not working" and all.

xD

Jokes aside: Yes! Adaptive Sync really is that easy !!
There's really nothing else to it!
(oh and it's not called Freesync, that's AMD's branded version of the VESA Standard, called Async, or Adaptive Sync...but I suppose [vacuum cleaner/hoover]....)

I just keep thinking (Shame!! Shame it has taken Nvidia so long to implement this!!)

The vetting process for validation is fairly scrupulous for G-Sync panels and the same applies for G-Sync compatibles. I think some users are of the mindset that they plug the thing in and make sure it looks ok when in fact it goes beyond this. So yes, a lot of FreeSync users have fallen victim to lackluster support, let us not joke there. The fact NVIDIA is vetting panels rather than casually letting users decide which ones to buy is only a good thing. Moreover, it's optional. You can purchase nonvetted panels if you wished.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom