IN WIN 101 Midi-Tower Case

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thinking about getting the 101 for my main PC build , No reviews on the Air Flow/Cooling inside of case , The length is 48cm /480mm ,
My Corsair 400c 42cm/425mm length & fits easy on my bench , 400c can take 170mm air coolers , the 101 160mm.

101 got the most easy side Pull out Window , A trade off

Associate
OP
Interested to find out what you think as its defo my favourite case to get now and there are no reviews at all.

Hardware All set up in the 101 White, Its great,

Airflow from the 2 x 120mm fans front side Great Using the Cougar 64CFM Fans , The 2x 120mm Fan Bracket got holes to thread the 3/4 pin through ,
Was going to place a 120mm fan bottom front ,
But i don't think i need to now ,the 2 x 120mm Doing a great job ,

Front Tampered Glass Panel First time around Was hard to pull the 2 pins Out to release panel, After that, they pull out easy, Best i saw for quick access to inside of case, Also the other Panel behind motherboard tray
Easy to remove with the 2 x thumb screws that stay in the panel when removed.

Using the 2 x 2.5" SSD/HDD Mounts on back of motherboard tray with 2 x 12" Round star tech sata Cables.

Very easy to Attach the I.O motherboard plate, Best i seen , you can even move it up or down a little
once attach.

Love the Power supply Caddy/Rack up top, Easy to hide cables, Did not use a Long 12v CPU 8pin cable, Where the PSU is located i used my short Silverstone cable from the short cable set,:)
What i like about the PSU rack being up top you can look up to see when the fan Spin, fan not
spinning at the moment due to it only kicks in under 640w load

The case looks Sexy & even more so in the flesh.
Will take a Photo later & link my 101 build here.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The 2 x 2.5 Mounts Support the 4/5 TB 2.5" Fat HDD's

There's a Hole IN the motherboard tray i could have tread the Audio Cable, But its hard when the motherboard mounted, Airflow all ok, Feel the air blowing in.

Camera overdone the whites, Looks much better than this, Case as a Lovely Style to it Like
a Picture Frame, Tampered glass panel very Light.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looks good. I'm thinking (if I pick one up) of running 3 120mm along the bottom as intake then my 240 aio as exhaust.

Yep that work great , bottom 3 x 120mm fans intake , 2 x 120mm fans on AIO on side as exhaust , 1 x 120mm fan rear exhaust , in near future i will do the same as you .

3 fan at bottom also give the GFX card a nice Blow , The inside be one Cool Case

My old case was Corsair 400c White , This case feels some much more Quality in design Picture Frame look with the Light Weight Tampered Glass panel quick rel .
No plastic PSU covers :)

Last edited:
Associate
Well I'll also be coming from a 400c so great to hear your feedback.
Think I'll be running 3 thermaltake riings with red led along the bottom and one at the back so will go for the black case as this laptop has the red led on the front. Then the GPU motherboard and kraken can all be set to red to keep the theme going. Should look nice. Have you saw any thermal improvements on the GPU?

Associate
OP
Well I'll also be coming from a 400c so great to hear your feedback.
Think I'll be running 3 thermaltake riings with red led along the bottom and one at the back so will go for the black case as this laptop has the red led on the front. Then the GPU motherboard and kraken can all be set to red to keep the theme going. Should look nice. Have you saw any thermal improvements on the GPU?

Lol Just About to say ..I'M thinking about getting the Kraken X52 AIO Water Cooling Unit - 240mm

Associate
It's a good cooler, quieter than I thought to which is always a good thing. Keeps my overclocked 1700 nice and cool at 25% fan speed.

Does the 101 include a GPU support bracket?

Associate
To tempting... It's been I'm my basket all day haha. Just deciding what fans to get, thermaltake riings with red led or to just grab some none led fans which run quieter and better performance....

Associate
OP
Ya some of them RGB fans sets cost more than the case .
Thermal take RGB 256 Color £21 each ..OUCH
Looked around best i seen is 3 x Thermaltake RGB Fans £38.99

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not Going to add a Dust Filter to side , With my Corsair 400c Fine dust particles covered all over Inside ,Thats with magnetic Dust Filters ,
With the 101 having 2 fans on side Will be much better.

Associate
Not Going to add a Dust Filter to side , With my Corsair 400c Fine dust particles covered all over Inside ,Thats with magnetic Dust Filters ,
With the 101 having 2 fans on side Will be much better.

Just wondering how your getting on with the 101. I'm currently torn between this the new glass define ç and meshify c. Any words of advice now you've had the 101 for a little bit

Back
Top Bottom