IN WIN 101 Midi-Tower Case

Associate
The 101 GPU Bracket i not used so i cant say about that , but i am sure in-win would tested it out
to make sure it don't touch the GPU fan under underneath

Forgot to add, the GPU bracket is a great touch. My strix 1070 had a little sag to it in the 400c, had no effect but bugged me seeing it on a slight angle, no issue now though

Caporegime
Nice build pics guys, keep 'em coming! The White is tempting me :cool:

Love the airflow of these, esp with the 240 Rads exhausting at the side! Would suit my Silent Loop 240mm down to the ground :)

Associate
Nice build pics guys, keep 'em coming! The White is tempting me :cool:

Love the airflow of these, esp with the 240 Rads exhausting at the side! Would suit my Silent Loop 240mm down to the ground :)
Air flow is good. Same temps as my Corsair 400c but with slightly lower rpm on all fans. Around 800rpm down to 500-600 so every so slight drop in noise too

Soldato
Finally picked up the 101, didn't bother waiting for the 101c. I don't need rgb and have type c at the back so the extra price wouldnt have been worth it. Thanks for the information you all have I'm more than happy with the case

Just so I get this right, you've got the 3 fans at the bottom as intake? and the AIO exhausting out the side?

Have you dust filters at the bottom on the 3 fans?

Associate
Ive been playing around with fan profiles today, the bottom 3 fans now run at 700rpm, but there silent. rear fan at 600rpm and the 2 for the aio sit at 500rpm with pump speed at 1750rpm. No issues temp wise, cpu hits 41-44 under things like cinebench, idles at 25c and hits 39ish while gaming.
the only thing in the system that makes any noticeable noise is my HDD and the gpu fans while gaming, they hit 1300rpm at 60c and stay there, gpu itself has never gone above 70c but often sits around the mid 60s.
It took me a while to decide on a case but glad I picked this one up, air flow was a concern but its much better than I expected.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm leaning towards this case, from the corsair 570x. Never had a case that wasn't a corsair before.
I cant really fault it, not without being very picking

only negatives I can give, but again being very picking.
lack of 140mm fan support - but I suppose would then need to enlarge the case
cut outs have no rubber grommets - wasn't an issue for me
No reset switch - cant say I will miss it
top mount psu? - hasn't been an issue for me so far but people tend to point this out as psu will use warm air from inside the case

on the plus side
unique layout
good airflow
I find the gpu support bracket a good feature to have
plenty of space and was easy to work in.
good size, with tempered glass

Caporegime
Ive been playing around with fan profiles today, the bottom 3 fans now run at 700rpm, but there silent. rear fan at 600rpm and the 2 for the aio sit at 500rpm with pump speed at 1750rpm. No issues temp wise, cpu hits 41-44 under things like cinebench, idles at 25c and hits 39ish while gaming.
the only thing in the system that makes any noticeable noise is my HDD and the gpu fans while gaming, they hit 1300rpm at 60c and stay there, gpu itself has never gone above 70c but often sits around the mid 60s.
It took me a while to decide on a case but glad I picked this one up, air flow was a concern but its much better than I expected.

Great info, thanks! I've just got a 1TB m.2 SSD drive so my mechanical drives are just there for backup :cool:

Associate
OP
bottom has full length dust filter yes, case is designed for bottom intake. the rear and side dont have filters
Yep ,Best way intake from bottom, Hot air rise & out the front side & maybe rear back depending how big of Fan you Are:)
Nice 360 Dust Filter that comes out the side of case , much more easyer than a back one

Associate
OP
I cant really fault it, not without being very picking

only negatives I can give, but again being very picking.
lack of 140mm fan support - but I suppose would then need to enlarge the case
cut outs have no rubber grommets - wasn't an issue for me
No reset switch - cant say I will miss it
top mount psu? - hasn't been an issue for me so far but people tend to point this out as psu will use warm air from inside the case

on the plus side
unique layout
good airflow
I find the gpu support bracket a good feature to have
plenty of space and was easy to work in.
good size, with tempered glass

No reset switch: Yep a lot of cases now do without them, Can use the Windows start button reset or on back or motherboard inside depending on board you have,
some cases let you reset by pressing the power button a certain way.

top mount PSU? : no issue at all with my PSU due to the Fan only spins Under heavy watt load anyhow, Hot air may be a issue if you use say a little SFX PSU the relies on PSU C temp from inside Unit/ case
Then would start up & spin...
example:
Silverstone Strider SFX 600W Fully Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply Relies on C Temp inside the PC CASE/PSU to start spinning, Hate them sort.

Silverstone SST-ST75F-PT 750W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply " Fan only spins At heavy Watt gaming load. Best Sort

Last edited:
Associate
OP
mechanical drives for storage ,Best to have 5400RPM ones , Less spinning help longer life & also helps stop Noise/Humming , some them 7000+ RPM ones send vibration through the case.

Back
Top Bottom