** INFINITY SERIES OF HIGH END SYSTEMS - INSPIRED BY 8PACK **

Associate
Had to make a little change to my build. Turns out that my Asus Formula motherboard won't run SLI cards AND a sound card.!
I've decided to keep the sound card within my build and ended up going for a Asus Maximus Extreme motherboard..! This should allow it all to work together and as a bonus it looks like the guys could well get a little more OC out of it - due to the board being more tune-able.
Scott has been great with keeping me totally up to date with everything and providing me with options - can't say enough about the team.! Just like Mike - I am very keen to see - just exactly how much can be squeezed out of it and to see the finished product.!!!:):)

Associate
I received my Quasar about 2 weeks ago and have taken some time out to post some feedback.
If anyone is considering a top line gaming PC and looking for maximum performance with zero build or set up problems - take a very long look at the 'Infinity Range'.!!
From my very helpful and knowledgeable dealings with the sales staff and the tech staff - to the daily updates from the system builder - to the excellent delivery service - the whole experience has been a breeze and effortless.
My system was altered a little from the base spec. laid out with the build - and the staff were more than willing and helpful when it came to my specific preference's for the system. Actually when asking for one change - I was advised against it ,as it was considered ' a bit for show and not worth spending the extra ' - which I found extremely honest and worth-while advice. This is a team who are dedicated to giving you the best performance - NOT just interested in getting you to spend your cash.!! The system that it actually got - is the one shown in the pictures for the 'Infinity Quasar' if your interested.
Now that the system has arrived and I am using it - I can say that the build is fantastic - the workmanship and effort that has gone into this is outstanding. Also - the stated performance has been exceeded - it does mention that you will get 4.7Ghz min. through-out the 'Infinity Range' - my Quasar ending up coming with - 4.9Ghz / 2400Mhz RAM C11.
It is AMAZING - absolutely destroys Battlefield 4 - running EVERYTHING at ULTRA and EVERYTHING switched ON - on multiplayer for 4 or 5 hours - have yet to see a CPU or GPU Temp. above 45 degrees.!
If your are in any doubt about these systems - forget it.! - just go ahead a order one.!!
Just wanted to say a HUGE Thank You to ScottiB and 8Pack for all their help and effort and for putting this system together. REALLY HAPPY with the finished product guys - JUST OUTSTANDING.!!!! :D:D:D

Soldato
Thanks for the report, Karbon. I'll be waiting for the base spec to get revised or its cost adjusted, though - the price for 780s has dropped £200 per unit since I last totted up the value of the parts and that's a huge difference when it comes to calculating VFM.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Thanks, Karbon, great to hear that you are so happy.

A spec refresh will happen once GTX 780 Ti water blocks are in stock. Having said that, the Quasar is the best value of the bunch and due to the sheer amount of work that goes into making one of these systems, there isn't like to be a major change in pricing. As Karbon can confirm, my standards are high with these systems, there is a lot of time put into preparing, building and then overclocking them and I don't like to rush things.

Associate
Couldn't agree more Scott - There is no question about attention to detail and high standards - my system looks more like a show case than a production system in my opinion.
Scott spent around 3 days at least testing and re-testing CPU / Motherboard and Ram to make sure it was not only performing well - but 100% stable before passing it good enough to dispatch. During that time i was kept fully up to date with all the going's on.
From reading a few of the forums - there is a lot of discussion about the costs of the system building - which is fair enough - as people are very protective and careful about spending their hard earned buck. But i would say that - it's not just the build and set up cost which you have to factor in and the time these guys clearly put in - but it's the experience these guys have when you consider the overclocking and tuning of the system - you can't buy that kind of expertise or read up on it from a book.
Yes you do pay a premium for this - but i think it is more than justified when you have the experience and skills of guys like ScottiB and 8Pack providing you with a fully polished / Bulletproof system. Obviously this is a personal point of view and in my case - i wanted the best set up and system i could get for the money i was willing to spend - and without question i couldn't be happier with how my money was spent or the finished product.
I also spent a lot of time looking around at other system builders to find the best deal - but i would have no worries in advising anyone to buy a system from overclockers - especially a High End System like the 'Infinity Range'

Soldato
Bumping before it becomes necromancy:

The revised specs are now up on the Infinity systems. The main changes seem to be that the Quasar is now on 780Tis while the Tesseract has switched to AMD R290s (presumably to keep the price point below £3000).

The Eclipse appears to be unchanged, which is a surprise - I'd say it's dropped from 30% faster than the Quasar to maybe 15% if the Quasar's GPUs are correctly overclocked. Maybe there's nothing that can be done to boost it further; I'm not sure what replacing the Titans with tri-SLI 780Tis would do in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom