Infuriating things friends do...

Soldato
So a friend of mine tells me he is moving home and has a bed frame he no longer needs, its not brilliant but its pretty sturdy and looks okay, having been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for several weeks I'm naturally quite keen. He drops the bed frame off at 9pm and tells me it shouldn't take me long to put together, there must be about 15 pieces, dozens of screws and no instructions. I ask him if he can just give us a clue as to how it all goes together but he makes excuses and clears off pretty sharpish! Being fairly competent at flat pack furniture I start the process of assembling the bed frame only to find that most of the dowels are snapped, broken or simply missing, Screws look like they have been ripped out of place, rendering the chipboard screw holes useless and there appears to be one or two bits missing..... suffice to say the bed frame is not in a usable state as cannot be put back together... I find it hard to believe that my friend would just dump his crap on me, but no care has been taken in taking it apart and despite no instructions he seemed eager to get away as fast as he could.

I feel like I've had crap dumped on me and that I should be grateful, my friend wont have the van he hired for moving tomorrow so I'm now going to have to dispose of this crap myself.... calling the council to come and remove it at expense to myself. I'm currently unemployed etc see "http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18520380" for information on my current situation.....

Question is do I have a right to be ****** off? I know he has done some slightly botched jobs for me in the past when I was with the ex but destroying a bed frame and then dumping on me seems a bit much.... what do you lot think?

Also what really irritating things have some of your friends done?

Soldato
OP
Turns out my so called made actually did dump a pile of crap on me, knew it was borked..... but figured I'd be able to fix it, erm????

Fuming is not the word id use to describe what I am over this!

Back
Top Bottom