Installed a New motherboard...

Associate
So I recently bought an Asus Prime B250M-K with an Intel i5-7500 processor and they work fine.

However what the guy who put them in my case didn't tell me is that I had to do a system format (reset) as my AMD Radeon 380 was not running during games and I keep having to change the source on my monitor each time I start up the computer.

Though my system reset never worked and I've just seen I need to reinstall windows but my computer currently runs windows 10? so it still has it?

It's confusing do I need to buy the OS again and install it from scratch? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm just running the HDD.

Yeah new MB and CPU with the old HDD and OS.

I went back to the guy who done it today to ask what was up and it was only then he told me I had to format it otherwise it would be buggy as hell which it has been. Tried resetting but the system reset failed.

Ok, you do need to reformat/reinstall your OS, as you will carry on running into problems until the system potentially fails to boot.

Are able to do this?

Just got help from a Microsoft advisor, reinstalling windows 10.

After that will I do a system reset yeah?

Reinstalling windows 10 will reset the system - as long as you're overwriting the original install?

To be sure - do a quick format of your hdd before you start the install process (hope you backed up).

Yeah it's a fresh download of it so I'd imagine it should overwrite the current one.

Have you downloaded the windows 10 tool and creating an ISO?

If you have - when you come to install - select custom intsall, select your drive and quick format - then proceed to install. (ideally delete partitions, create a new one and quick format - but not essential).

Yeah I did,

Perfect! Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom