Associate
Never done it before, any tips ?
Will be getting the RM750x

Seems fairly straightforward...
1x CPU 8Pin
1x PCIe - 8Pin
1x Motherboard - 24Pin
2x Satas for one HDD and one SSD

Is it best to fit the PSU first and then route and connect the cables ?

Associate
If I am replacing a PSU, I like to connect the mobo and SATA cables first and route them to the place where the PSU will be. Then I route the PCI-E cables for the GPUs, install the PSU in place and connect everything to it. Finally, I install the cards and plug the PCI-E cables to them. This is just how I like to do it (and it is convenient in my current setup) but there are other ways :).

Associate
OP
Excellent. My case has a good back panel where the current PSU cables are routed and it's very tidy. Hopefully i'll make it clutter free. Seems as though routing the cables tidily is the most time consuming part.

Associate
OP
Thanks.
Two sides to each cable. For example, the side which says "CPU" in white goes into the CPU, and the other end into the PSU ?

Associate
OP
Yes... one goes into the motherboard and the other in one of the PSU connectors labelled as 6+2 PCIe & 4+4 CPU.

Ya but does it matter which side you plug in ? One side says CPU and the other says " Type 4 "

According to YouTube, the " Type 4 " side goes into the PSU

Only thing is, the PCIe and CPU both look similar on the PSU side, ( obviously different on the other side where they plug into the GPU and CPU power )
If I plug in one at a time should be ok

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Aparrently it doesn't matter where you put the 4+4 or 6+2 cable ( into the PSU ), providing it's an 8 pin socket

So bottom right, it doesnt matter which one has the CPU and which one has the GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
Great PSU, I have one too :) The capacitors on the RM***x series cables is worth taking note of as they make the cable ends quite chunky and don't flex as easily.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Checked the cabling out before installation. Some of the connectors are missing one pin on the side which plugs into the PSU, is this normal ?

Associate
Depending which 8 pin you have in your hand (CPU or PCI), I think the PCI has 1 live cable missing and it doubles up on the ground on the GPU end (you'll see 2 cables daisy chained into 1).

Those molex just look like power, but you also seem to have 3 pin as well. I'm going to assume that the molex is just for the LED's, but they wont be addressable.

Associate
OP
Ya it's the pcie one in the first pic...
The cpu one has no pins missing, the molex does have one missing and the SATA has two missing

Back
Top Bottom