• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

intel 9700k cpu speed dropping to 803mhz when running Modern Warfare

Associate
Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help. For some reason when I run modern warfare my cpu drops to 0.8ghz on all cores and I cant play the game. I played for months when it came out it was fine then it started. I uninstalled the game and didnt play it for a couple of months. I just reintalled it and it was fine for a couple of days and now its started doing it again I running the latest Nvidia drivers and the game is up to date. My temps were up to 56c on my cpu when this was happening. as soon as I exit the game the speed returns to 3.6ghz - 4-9ghz all other games run fine Plz help

Associate
OP
https://ibb.co/rpmzyRL

This is HW monitor while MW is running
rpmzyRL

Associate
i dont have this issue with 9600k so maybe a driver issue with the game. it's not the first time this has been reported either. do you have msi dragon centre installed? if so turn off gaming mode should fix it.

Associate
OP
Thanks all , as for other programmes msi afterburner sometimes discord sometimes steam nothing out of the ordinary I'll try gaming mode on the msi and see if that works tbh I feel like upgrading to an AMD after years of intel and I may get an MSI motherboard to go with my 3070

Associate
OP
i dont have this issue with 9600k so maybe a driver issue with the game. it's not the first time this has been reported either. do you have msi dragon centre installed? if so turn off gaming mode should fix it.

wow I just tried it with MSI Dragon centre running game mode and it worked for the first time for about 20 attempts I got dropped into the warm up on warzone and it was fine the campaign is working too .. thanks for that! if it starts acting up again I'll report back but hopefully that has fixed it :)

Back
Top Bottom