• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Arc series unveiled with the Alchemist dGPU to arrive in Q1 2022

Man of Honour
I would love to be excited about this release, but i think i would be very wary at the start/on release due to drivers etc.

Anyone think it is likely that Intel will have an incredibly stable/issue free driver straight off the bat? I have my doubts.

So do I, but if Arc has significantly better price/performance/availability than cards from AMD or nvidia I will buy one and take a chance on the drivers. The drivers will at least be generally functional and will improve if necessary. Intel has put a fair bit of emphasis on Arc. I think it's very unlikely they'll just drop it. I think it's very unlikely Arc will be another i740.

If it doesn't have significantly better price/performance/availability than cards from AMD or nvidia then I won't buy one. If I was going to pay a farcically excessive price for a graphics card I would have already done so and chosen one with a proven track record.

Caporegime
I think both AMD and Nvidia are shooting for 2X performance increase before the end of this year.

That's some way off yet but with rumoured Arc performance being 6700XT / RTX 3070 Intel may find themselves way behind and only able to sell at the low end if they don't get a move on, time is ticking.

Associate
If the price is right and you can actually buy one then I'm willing to give it a go. 3070 ti performance with double the memory sounds interesting. Pricing on 12th gen cpus suggests they might even be a little competitive.

Soldato
I would love to be excited about this release, but i think i would be very wary at the start/on release due to drivers etc.

Anyone think it is likely that Intel will have an incredibly stable/issue free driver straight off the bat? I have my doubts.

I doubt it will be issue free, amd is a pretty big company and it took them 10 years to make a working driver, though tbh they still have issues but it's better than it was, or maybe not, we'll maybe a bit better

Soldato
I just can't get excited by Intel graphics. Give it a year and they will abandon it, bugs in new games etc.

NV and AMD solutions are half way to of life and have been scalped the whole time.

Wake me up next year and I'll have a look, until then RX570FOREVER

Caporegime
Yeh , i'm thinking of possibly giving it a wide berth until they are on their 2nd or 3rd generation (or at the very least waiting months for consumer feedback etc).

Certainly one to think about before jumping right in.

Associate
I'm not adverse in principle and it wouldn't be the first quirky card I get (RX 590 owner), performance VS street price is what matters to me.

Soldato
got mine. gonna run some benches over the next few days.

IMG-20211015-100554.jpg

IMG-20211015-100548.jpg

Soldato
I just can't get excited by Intel graphics. Give it a year and they will abandon it, bugs in new games etc.

NV and AMD solutions are half way to of life and have been scalped the whole time.

Wake me up next year and I'll have a look, until then RX570FOREVER
Don't think they will abandon it as CPU's may be obsolete in the future. That's what Mr Huang said a few years back anyway :). GPU's much more than just gaming these days so I think Intel need to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom