• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Arc series unveiled with the Alchemist dGPU to arrive in Q1 2022

Soldato
If true that would surely eclipse anything either AMD or Nvidia have done in terms of anti-consumer practices. Can't believe that is actually the case, hopefully just a misunderstanding from someone.

Associate
So it seems these cards will only work with Intel mobos (not AMD) according to video cards this afternoon

Absolutely cannot see that being true. Would be the biggest own goal I can remember for a long, long time.

If true that would surely eclipse anything either AMD or Nvidia have done in terms of anti-consumer practices. Can't believe that is actually the case, hopefully just a misunderstanding from someone.

+1

Permabanned

lol :cry:
AMD hasn't done anything anti-consumer, FYI!!

Intel anti-competitive. Why would you be surprised? Really?!

It's in its DNA :D

I can't see that being true, it would be commercial suicide.

or a reason for a new class action lawsuit ;)

Soldato
So it seems these cards will only work with Intel mobos (not AMD) according to video cards this afternoon

I cannot spot the article in question; do you have a link? I wonder if this means that they are PCIe v5 devices? Then they'll downrate to v4 or v3 speeds on older motherboards but indeed only operate at full speed on new Intel motherboards.

Soldato

I mean, this is Intel... :o Although i doubt they'd want to reduce their target audience/capacity to make money.

I would've thought it would be more likely that there would be some sort of hardware tie up that gives you better performance on an Intel mobo if anything.

Caporegime
I would love to be excited about this release, but i think i would be very wary at the start/on release due to drivers etc.

Anyone think it is likely that Intel will have an incredibly stable/issue free driver straight off the bat? I have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom