• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i9-11900K breaks 1.9K points barrier in Geekbench single-core benchmark

Associate
Looks great, AMD need the competition to stop them getting silly with prices. I really hope this competition keeps up as it will be great for consumers and I'll get a very noticeable improvement when I finally upgrade.

Permabanned
Looks great, AMD need the competition to stop them getting silly with prices. I really hope this competition keeps up as it will be great for consumers and I'll get a very noticeable improvement when I finally upgrade.

It is either Ryzens lag in performance like the 1000 and 2000 series and are considerably cheaper, or Ryzens like the 5000 series are about as fast or a little faster but also more expensive.

Now, the 8-core is the new 4-core - everyone will fight to convince us how great those are... and that we don't need anything more.
Which means stalling the progress again.

Soldato
OP

Hey Grim, I know you're new to such terminology, but the CPU tested is an engineering sample.

An engineering sample is clocked lower than the final retail product.

This means Zen3 will easily get beaten across the board in games, leaving Intel back on #1 for gaming.

The fact that even the engineering sample on 14nm has higher single thread performance than Ryzen 5000 paper launch on 7nm, is absolutely hilarious.

Soldato
Hey Grim, I know you're new to such terminology, but the CPU tested is an engineering sample.

This means Zen3 will easily get beaten across the board in games, leaving Intel back on #1 for gaming.

The fact that even the engineering sample on 14nm has higher single thread performance than Ryzen 5000 paper launch on 7nm, is absolutely hilarious.

Clocked lower ? It's showing 5.1 - 5.2ghz on all cores in the gaming benchmarks , its going beyond the intel official spec of 4.8ghz all core boost, so saying its ES sample with lower clocks doesnt wash buddy

One thing the temps seem good thats why it probably sustained the clocks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Clocked lower ? It's showing 5.1 - 5.2ghz on all cores in the gaming benchmarks , its going beyond the intel official spec of 4.8ghz all core boost, so saying its ES sample with lower clocks doesnt wash buddy

One thing the temps seem good thats why it probably sustained the clocks

Hey Buddy, engineering samples always incorrectly report their clocks, and boost clocks etc are never accurately reported for said samples. Look back at the previous 20 years if you'd like to learn more.

Soldato
OP
Can you explain what you mean by paper launch?

Paper launch = product launches but isn't readily available in the weeks or months after launch. Basically, rushed launch without enough product on hand to satisfy demand. That's why the 5900x, 5950x are out of stock everywhere, and the parts that are in stock, are at massively inflated (scalped) prices, due to the severe lack of stock with the paper launch.

Soldato

We're all pitching in for a giant inflattable pacifier dummy for you :D

Caporegime
Paper launch = product launches but isn't readily available in the weeks or months after launch. Basically, rushed launch without enough product on hand to satisfy demand. That's why the 5900x, 5950x are out of stock everywhere, and the parts that are in stock, are at massively inflated (scalped) prices, due to the severe lack of stock with the paper launch.

You complain about lack of stock of AMDs high core count 5900X and 5950X. The 8 core 5800X is easily available at RRP or even below.

When will we see Intels high end chips? The 11900K is just a paultry mid tier chip with its 8 cores yes?

Associate

I think you're misinformed.

You can buy a 5600x or 5800x at pretty much any time and I've managed to purchase a 5950x and 5900x as well as source 5900x for other people on multiple occasions - all at or around MSRP and far beyond the possibilities of luck.

Is it more difficult to purchase than usual, yes, but there's a pandemic going on - I'm not sure that's unexpected. Paper launch, though? No, definitely not.

Soldato
Hey Buddy, engineering samples always incorrectly report their clocks, and boost clocks etc are never accurately reported for said samples. Look back at the previous 20 years if you'd like to learn more.

We'll find out soon enough, imo it doesnt seem impressive it looks like it will be priced poorly superceded in 5-6 months time also does only 1 m.2 slot work at gen 4 ?

Back
Top Bottom