• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i9-11900K breaks 1.9K points barrier in Geekbench single-core benchmark

Soldato
Yeah, sadly Ryzen doesn't support AVX-512.

The also exciting part is that we'll actually be able to buy these in the weeks after release, as opposed to the paper launch/price scalped Ryzen 5000 series.

You're just lying - AMD made and sold 1 million Ryzen 5000 cpus in the last 3 months of 2020 - more than double the Ryzen 3000 output during its launch - no paper launch here. Ryzen 5000 just sold extremely well because owners on old Intel CPUs were waiting for a proper upgrade, not the penny pinching Scraps Intel wants to sell them, so when Ryzen 5000 came they got a proper upgrade

As for AVX-512, why would anyone want a power virus - as Linus said, FU AVX-512

load of crap lets see real life usage , its stupidly priced for 8 core chip looking at leaked prices uses more power heats up more, butchered chip i9 model with 8 cores ? why couldnt the i9 model have 10 or 12 cores ? is it because it will use up even more power and output more heat ? just shows how butchered it is its just to fill the gap isnt alder lake like 5-6 months away ?

I myself want to upgrade still rocking i7 6700k and want to upgrade to 8 core chip

Yeah apparently mobo makers have been told September for alder lake

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
You're just lying - AMD made and sold 1 million Ryzen 5000 cpus in the last 3 months of 2020 - more than double the Ryzen 3000 output during its launch - no paper launch here. Ryzen 5000 just sold extremely well because owners on old Intel CPUs were waiting for a proper upgrade, not the penny pinching Scraps Intel wants to sell them, so when Ryzen 5000 came they got a proper upgrade

As for AVX-512, why would anyone want a power virus - as Linus said, FU AVX-512

I linked sources in my opening post. Where are your sources? Sorry, but your posts sound like the ramblings of a child who can't stand any criticism of AMD. Provide sources to backup your claims.

To everyone else, it's clear that Ryzen 5000 is a unicorn, you can't find the 5900x or 5950x in stock. The parts you can find in stock, the 5800x, 5600x, are heavily scalped due to the lack of stock. This equates to a paper launch.

Associate
I linked sources in my opening post. Where are your sources? Sorry, but your posts sound like the ramblings of a child who can't stand any criticism of AMD. Provide sources to backup your claims.

To everyone else, it's clear that Ryzen 5000 is a unicorn, you can't find the 5900x or 5950x in stock. The parts you can find in stock, the 5800x, 5600x, are heavily scalped due to the lack of stock. This equates to a paper launch.

I really don't know how people struggle to find the 5600x or 5800x in stock. I've got my hands on 3 of these without even trying - no idea about 5900 or 5950 though, out of my budget :p

Soldato

Here you go dave just for you
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/the-official-5900x-5950x-owners-thread.18911721/

The unicorn thread
See you can get them they do exist

Soldato
OP
Here you go dave just for you
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/the-official-5900x-5950x-owners-thread.18911721/

The unicorn thread
See you can get them they do exist

Not sure if your trolling, or have reading difficulties? Did you even read what you quoted?

lBwuSSK.png

Scalped prices, same for months since release. 5900X not in stock 5950X not in stock.

We're over 3 months past release date for Ryzen 5000 series, still scalped prices (do you know what MSRP is for these products?) and still out of stock for the higher end parts.

Soldato
Dave the only one trolls mate is you with your more good news quotes intel this intel that things have gone up we're in a panademic mate or havnt you realised because of brexit costs for shipping has gone up aswell by quite a bit and yeh i know the parts are hard to get at moment mate you on the other hand have stated that the new intel cpus will be highly available and plentiful they havnt even been released yet so obviously you have no proof to assume this as i asked yesterday for proof so thats a false statment at the moment so trolling now i do hope your right as ive got a build to do with the intel new parts when theyre released so ill ask you again have you got inside information dave or is it just the normal troll of more good news and yes i did read what i put and no i dont have reading difficulties thanks for your concern so there you go some more good news for you

Last edited:
Soldato
things have gone up were in a panademic mate or havnt you realised because of brexit costs for shipping has gone up aswell by quite a bit and yeh know the parts are hard to get at moment
Shouldn't some of that be cancelled out though by the stronger pound which is up 8 pence vs a few months ago.

A $10,000 pallet of PC parts brought at an exchange rate of £1.29 a couple of months back would cost £7751 but at today's exchange rate of £1.37 it would now only cost £7299 so unless brexit shipping costs now means an extra £450 to ship a single pallet then where is the additional cost?.

Caporegime
Not another thread on this by Dave2150. The last one was a farce.

Has Dave2150 mentioned the "ultimate gaming" line yet? How excited he is by the inclusion of AVX-512 but totally glosses over the missing 8 cores this CPU should have?

Soldato
Shouldn't some of that be cancelled out though by the stronger pound which is up 8 pence vs a few months ago.

A $10,000 pallet of PC parts brought at an exchange rate of £1.29 a couple of months back would cost £7751 but at today's exchange rate of £1.37 it would now only cost £7299 so unless brexit shipping costs now means an extra £450 to ship a single pallet then where is the additional cost?.
Whilst what you say is true unfortunately never seems to work that way mate plus manufactures have put prices up think asus put 25 percent on its graphic cards hopefully prices and availabilaty will soon be back to normal

Soldato
Whilst what you say is true unfortunately never seems to work that way mate plus manufactures have put prices up think asus put 25 percent on its graphic cards hopefully prices and availabilaty will soon be back to normal
Wasn't that only due to the extra 25% tariffs incured by exporting from China to the USA and since the UK is not subject to those tariffs it's a case of ASUS profiteering on the backs of UK/EU customers?

Soldato
Wasn't that only due to the extra 25% tariffs incured by exporting from China to the USA and since the UK is not subject to those tariffs it's a case of ASUS profiteering on the backs of UK/EU customers?
Honestly dont know mate on that all i know is shipping has gone up and theres back logs at ports

Soldato
On another note you still got the 5800 and if so hows it going
It's a very good CPU but still a bit pricey IMO, if I wasn't already on AM4 then I would have probably gone with the 10700k.

Been doing some mining in my downtime as I'm trying to recoup some of the cost for all this expensive hardware :)

Soldato
It's a very good CPU but still a bit pricey IMO, if I wasn't already on AM4 then I would have probably gone with the 10700k.

Been doing some mining in my downtime as I'm trying to recoup some of the cost for all this expensive hardware :)
Glad you like it mate and yeh is a bit pricey especially compared to last gen prices

Associate

I agree with a lot of that; it's hard to find 5900X and 5950X models. But 5800X and 5600X models have been continuously in stock for weeks now and have obviously had large shipment volumes since they debuted. It's a very in-demand launch, not a paper launch.

Still, I'm excited to see how rocket lake performs.

Soldato
Not another thread on this by Dave2150. The last one was a farce.

Has Dave2150 mentioned the "ultimate gaming" line yet? How excited he is by the inclusion of AVX-512 but totally glosses over the missing 8 cores this CPU should have?

Intel atom mobile cores running synthetic avx-512 benchmarks = ultimate enjoyment for Dave :p

Soldato
Don't argue with Dave, he's Ryan Shrout, and if you don't believe the lies he ceases to exist, bit like Santa.

I actually LOL'd. :D

What is worse is he's not used a CPU since the 6700K or whatever CPU he is running now, so literally has no actual first hand knowledge of any of the current generation CPU's, and isn't in the industry, unless he is Ryan Shrout. ;)

Back
Top Bottom