• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i5 2500k on sale?

Don
Was reading the other day that the only thing that seems to limit these when overclocking is a multiplier limit, they all top out in the high 4.xGHz range regardless of cooling, you just end up running out of working multipliers.

Caporegime
May be controversial, but you don't think some unscrupulous dealers are trying to get a head start by advertising stock before they get them to get a head start on others. Wouldn't be surprised that if you ordered now, you didn't receive till about the 10 Jan.

Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, but what's the point in getting one when there are no supporting mobos about.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Was reading the other day that the only thing that seems to limit these when overclocking is a multiplier limit, they all top out in the high 4.xGHz range regardless of cooling, you just end up running out of working multipliers.

by high 4.xGHz range do you mean 4.09ghz or 4.9ghz? they're looking very tasty if the latter. :D

Soldato
The prices being quoted look very good, I was anticipating £200. Quite a boost to the rest of my budget :) If you can get close to 5GHz that will be fantastic...

Permabanned
damm 4.0-5ghz this is why i have waited so long and suffered, if the i7 2600k does 5ghz its going to spank the 920's and 950's big time.

jokester are you guys testing the 2600k and getting ready for the NDA on the 5th of jan? i really hope you offer some 5ghz bundles with 4gb of 2133 ram and corsair h70.

all u need to do is throw in this motherboard http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sandy-bridge-tactical-vest-sabertooth,11646.html

im going to have that mobo inside my haf 912 plus with black interior and its going to look complete sex:p

/wipes dribble off his chin

Back
Top Bottom