• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Xe GPU Speculation

Going laptop first could be a smart move, much less competitive market so gives them an opportunity to hone their yields and optimise the drivers before attempting desktop where they could potentially get ripped to shreds when the NDA on reviews gets lifted.

Yes I find it hilarious that we might be waiting for Intel to rescue us with affordable tech! As for their pedigree, I think Raja may be underestimated. He has been guilty of putting the cart before the horse but is well aware of what is required to be successful in the GPU market. I'm quietly confident they'll make a decent job of it and I'm quite an AMD fan.
I very much agree. As long as Raja is kept away from PR he is a force to be reckoned with. Vega was a compute monster forced to compete in the gaming market as well.

I disagree, with the current GPU shortage, there is an easy market to fill in Intel could mass produce a load of 14++++++++++++++++++nm* GPUs.

*Not actually sure what process these are on.
Except that these are being made by TSMC so competing for the same limited wafers as the consoles, RDNA2, Zen3 etc.
Rumour was that Intel are using either TSMC's 6nm or N7P, so maybe more like they will compete for wafers which might have gone to a Zen3 refresh, PS5 respin, or RDNA3, but either way cutting into TSMC's capacity.

Or 8% slower than the 6700XT.

Its not bad but also a bit meh, depends on price, if its ~$350 yeah great but for someone like me its not high end enough, its basically 15% faster than my 2070 Super.

It also depends when they actually hit the market, a $350 3060TI <> 3070 is great today or in the couple of months, late this year or early next both AMD and Nvidia will looking at refreshing their cards and by that time a $350 3060TI <> 3070 could be a bit meh too.

Back
Top Bottom