Internal vs external?

Associate
so needing some more storage, prob a 4TB drive and it seems as though external drives are cheaper than internal? Errrrr why?

Whats the best value drive for storage, dont care at all about speed as its just for file storage?

Soldato
Seems surprising an external would be cheaper, are they the same spin speed, amount of cache buffer etc?

If so just buy an external and remove the drive from its case and put it in the pc case?

Soldato
Not sure if is me, but I have noticed that external drives aren't as 'reliable' when plugged in. I know they're meant for portability but you'd think having it plugged in long term would be ok. I find now and then drives need to be pulled out of USB (cannot safely remove etc) or drive won't show up. Pain. My experience, unfortunately, shows me to go internal if you aren't moving it much (don't go external instead of internal because of price if you're going to treat it as internal)... if that makes sense.

Soldato
If you go down the root of removing a drive from a external one be aware this will void your warranty.

How much cheaper is a external drive to internal one?

Back
Top Bottom