Introduction to Macs (new/old)?

Soldato
I got a MacBook Air m1 last week and sold my gaming PC as I don't really game on it anymore. I will be using the Mac for web browsing/email/ watching stuff and programming. I've had an iPhone for a few years now and Mac OS has a similar kind of layout so I'm enjoying the consistency across both devices.

Associate
OP
I got a MacBook Air m1 last week and sold my gaming PC as I don't really game on it anymore. I will be using the Mac for web browsing/email/ watching stuff and programming. I've had an iPhone for a few years now and Mac OS has a similar kind of layout so I'm enjoying the consistency across both devices.
Thanks for that. It is one thing that to a lesser extent worries me about migrating ecosystems. I was never able to ‘cope’ with Linux but since I have started web development, the terminal is not longer as daunting at it once was. I assume a similar learning curve will be needed with Mac

Soldato
one thing to be mindful of is using a lower res display with a newer mac,

we have had a torrid time running 1440p and 1080p displays on big sur and catalina at work, everythings a blurry mess.

Soldato
I’m not sure I feel comfortable with an all in one. I also need to run a pc at the same time. I assume I can just plug it into my existing monitor.

if you need to run a pc at same time then imac gives you the second screen, otherwise you will be swapping back and forth on your monitor inputs ? If you don't mind swapping inputs on the monitor then a mac mini will do the trick. But I doubt your monitor is as nice as an Imac screen, so you will get a sub par experience. If your monitor is as good then fire away!

Back
Top Bottom