iPad 2 with Plusnet email

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my grandfather's email set up on his iPad 2 but no matter what I try the imap settings aren't working.

Has anyone had experience with this and if so do you have any tips?!

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
What settings/ports are you using?
I often find (not specifically with Apple stuff) that i have to manually change the ports to get my email working.

Soldato
OP
What settings/ports are you using?
I often find (not specifically with Apple stuff) that i have to manually change the ports to get my email working.
I was following this: https://www.plus.net/help/archive/email/ios-setup/#plusnet

I've had to set up numerous pop and imap accounts at work in the same fashion and haven't had issues. It gives me errors saying that the imap address isn't valid. I don't even get to the stage where I can change ports as it doesn't like the addresses.

Soldato
I just tried this on my iPad (Air 2) and it worked exactly as the instructions. No need to do anything special like setting ports manually.

You'd be better off creating a more portable account on somewhere like Outlook.com. Email accounts tied to ISPs are a pain.

Soldato
OP
Hmm, unfortunately I think he's very stuck in his ways. It's one of the ridiculous [email protected] addressed.

I wonder whether it's because it's on an old iPad and an old version of iOS?

Will try it again tonight and will post up the errors if I can.

Soldato
Hmm, unfortunately I think he's very stuck in his ways. It's one of the ridiculous [email protected] addressed.

I wonder whether it's because it's on an old iPad and an old version of iOS?

Will try it again tonight and will post up the errors if I can.

The age of the iPad and iOS shouldn’t make any difference whatsoever. This is just plain bog standard email. There’s no typos in the imap address?

Soldato
OP
Managed to get it working, thanks guys.

I was being an idiot as usually when I enter the imap and smtp usernames that's the same as the full email address. Rather than for plusnet where it's just the bit after the @ and before the .plus!

Back
Top Bottom