iPad Mini Retina, My Review

Soldato
You just cost me £264! Thanks though, £55 off Apple's current price is excellent.

I often look at that site but I hadn't looked today. It had actually gone out of stock earlier on since the deal went live, but Zavvi subsequently updated to say more stock has been ordered and it's back on sale again now.

Its good to sign up too their mailing list, I believe I saw an iPad Air for £320 once before on the Monday madness sales.

Soldato
Ended up getting a 32gb from a friend who didn't want an unopened one for a good price. I may end up with my 16gb from zavvi so if they send it on will put it on MM unopened for the price I paid if I can't return

Soldato
I use the iPad 2 at work and the touch screen feels very stiff and doesn't flex, it really get tiring after a while.

The iPad Air like the Retina Mini feels softer, more forgiving. I actually really prefer the touch screen on the Air and Retina Mini for this sole reason. It still feels well built, and still responds just as well, simply feels more forgiving on the fingers :)

Associate
OP
Just received the Invision case from the rainforest and it's excellent :) I've not had chance to put it on my iPad Mini Retina but certainly looks and feels up to the job and a bargain for £13.50!

Same here in red. It's pretty good for the money. It fits the casing really well.

I don't get it either, i tested out the iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPad Mini Retina. I don't understand the spongy screen or colour thing.

The screen feels like it is flexing slightly under pressure. Like I said earlier, it might be due to the size of it in comparison to my phone or the slight gap between the screen and the glass or a combination of the two.

Now I've had the iPad Mini Retina for a few weeks I don't notice it. It was just noticeable at first after coming from only using my HTC One.

Soldato
The iPad Screen and the covering glass have a small amount of air between them IIRC, I have read this is to reduce repair prices, as such it causes the sponge effect when you press it. I guess some can notice it more then others. The Mini also has a pretty low colour Gamut which is a bit annoying in 2014 for what is an all round premium device. If you compare it to the Air it really shows.

Associate
I was always a iPRM fan but since they made the Air so light; if you have a decent smartphone the mini seems sat in a rather grey area of the market.

Caporegime
The screen feels like it is flexing slightly under pressure. Like I said earlier, it might be due to the size of it in comparison to my phone or the slight gap between the screen and the glass or a combination of the two.

Completely agree, just had delivery of a 64GB retina and the screen feels spongy to me also.

Back
Top Bottom