• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
If you're a power user then i don't think an iPhone would best suit you. I think the inability to do certain things at ease on an Android phone may grate on you.

Saying that though, i've only ever had iPhones and probably won't ever switch.

I've owned numerous iphones, ipads, macbooks, imacs, developed an on premise MDM solution for ios, I know the score :D

I'm thinking simplicity/reliability > bells and whistles

Soldato
Honestly, neither is prefect, they both have great points and parts that annoy me too no end. Currently on iOS with the iPhone 6 and at times its amazing, at other times I just want too through it out the window.

Soldato
Look on uswitch.com. You can find lots of similar deals. I just ordered one on EE, £150 deposit, £33p/m for 24 months. 64GB model. 4GB 4G Extra.

Works out about £14 p/m for the data plan if you deduct the cost of the phone.

How do they get these deal so cheap, I've got sim only with ee went into the store this week and they couldn't get anywhere near this deal, could see my 64gb 5s and still have change whilst moving to this deal

Soldato
A good example is me wanting to throw my phone out the window is apps not being able to do anything in the background. I mean its a £620 smartphone thats dumb, my emails don't actual download, whatsapp messages don't download, and worst of all, I explicitly told it to download a podcast, get to the train and oh nothings there >.<.

Soldato
A good example is me wanting to throw my phone out the window is apps not being able to do anything in the background. I mean its a £620 smartphone thats dumb, my emails don't actual download, whatsapp messages don't download, and worst of all, I explicitly told it to download a podcast, get to the train and oh nothings there >.<.

Something is evidently wrong there given all of those apps do work in the background.

Soldato
Does WhatsApp actual download the message in the background for you, or email apps like mailbox/outlook/gmail? I get notifications but then I open the app and it still needs to download them, which is a problem when I'm without signal.

Soldato
No it does not. It doesn't download anything until you open the app. It's something I noticed when coming from Android. It doesn't bother me though really (unless I'm in a flakey signal area, then it's a little annoying).

Soldato
I've owned numerous iphones, ipads, macbooks, imacs, developed an on premise MDM solution for ios, I know the score :D

I'm thinking simplicity/reliability > bells and whistles

Cool! :)

I like the simplicity and eco system of Apple Products. You definitely pay a premium but it's nice for everything to just work with each other.

Soldato
No it does not. It doesn't download anything until you open the app. It's something I noticed when coming from Android. It doesn't bother me though really (unless I'm in a flakey signal area, then it's a little annoying).

I have a pretty busy job these days so I like too catch up on personally emails/whatsapps while I'm on the tube at home, there are stations with WiFi these days but its less then convenient to depend on.

I have however noticed if I leave the app running, it has a much better change of refreshing, its still very hit/miss thou :/.
Cool! :)

I like the simplicity and eco system of Apple Products. You definitely pay a premium but it's nice for everything to just work with each other.

This all really depends, I have a lot of faffying about to get handoff working correctly. Sometimes it would be easier for me to set up a normal hotspot then to connect too my iPhone using the handoff one. Other times its instantly, like most things I find it doesn't actual always just work.

Soldato
The only thing I really miss from my Nexus 5 is Intents, on Android you can share from any app to any app, e.g in Youtube I could share a video with a Whatsapp contact etc. On my iPhone 6 the only option is to use SMS/iMessage.

I know there are extensions and such that are supposed to give similar functionality, but they haven't been adopted as quickly as I'd like.

Soldato
The only thing I really miss from my Nexus 5 is Intents, on Android you can share from any app to any app, e.g in Youtube I could share a video with a Whatsapp contact etc. On my iPhone 6 the only option is to use SMS/iMessage.

I know there are extensions and such that are supposed to give similar functionality, but they haven't been adopted as quickly as I'd like.

http://bryan.io/post/97658826431/what-we-learned-building-the-tumblr-ios-share

Extensions are pretty difficult to get working properly, not magically thing I thought developers could push out over night.

Mobster
Soldato
I miss my 4S sometimes, I don't quite know what it is but I always felt, connected, to iOS.

But the fact that Apple do less innovating and more copying these days just puts me off. Also the fact they treat me like an idiot who doesn't know what a smartphone is just takes the ****.

Associate
Those whatsapp drawbacks are because the developer hasn't implemented all the iOS APIs yet. You can have apps download things in the background after receiving a notification, Pocket does it. And you can use the sharing extensions to share photos / videos to other apps, Flickr lets you bulk share photos from the Camera Roll for example.

Bit of a shame that some big apps haven't implemented all the functionality. A Google Now widget would be awesome but is still missing too.

Soldato
I miss my 4S sometimes, I don't quite know what it is but I always felt, connected, to iOS.

But the fact that Apple do less innovating and more copying these days just puts me off. Also the fact they treat me like an idiot who doesn't know what a smartphone is just takes the ****.

Nope, your not smart enough too know you should only ever download files that are over 100mb on Wifi soo.....

Soldato
My home button has developed a double click feel. Second time now as well. First time it was replaced but this time they are telling me that's what happens with use. Hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom