Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Sweet!

(So what will that mean for every day use exactly?)

More tabs running in safari without reloading and more apps running without reloading.

2GB ram will make a massive difference.

I am fed up loading a webpage, open an app go back to the page and find it's reloading.

When I upgraded from the iPad Mini 2 to the Air 2, the 2GB RAM fixed all the reloading issues immediately. I could now have 5+ tabs open, run 2 or 3 demanding games, go back to the websites and they remained untouched.

Before on the Mini 2 and even on the iPad 3 and 4 even opening two small apps and a webpage caused each other to be kicked out of RAM causing then to need reloading. Same for my iPhone 6+.

I bet battery life should now be a little better with out all this reloading. 2GB RAM should have been in the 6 from the start as iOS is now desperate for it.

Even the new Apple TV has 2GB RAM, shows how inadequate 1GB was on a phone when multitasking and I bet Apple knew it, but they obviously needed and incentive to upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
More tabs running in safari without reloading and more apps running without reloading.

2GB ram will make a massive difference.

I am fed up loading a webpage, open an app go back to the page and find it's reloading.

When I upgraded from the iPad Mini 2 to the Air 2, the 2GB RAM fixed all the reloading issues immediately. I could now have 5+ tabs open, run 2 or 3 demanding games, go back to the websites and they remained untouched.

Before on the Mini 2 and even on the iPad 3 and 4 even opening two small apps and a webpage caused each other to be kicked out of RAM causing then to need reloading. Same for my iPhone 6+.

I bet battery life should now be a little better with out all this reloading. 2GB RAM should have been in the 6 from the start as iOS is now desperate for it.

Even the new Apple TV has 2GB RAM, shows how inadequate 1GB was on a phone when multitasking and I bet Apple knew it, but they obviously needed and incentive to upgrade.

yeah my 6 never reloads the 4 tabs i have open, plus a load of apps

Soldato
Milage may vary but if I open up someone like a game everything is wiped on my iPhone but things are fine on my iPad. Usage is always different for everyone, but I feel its net gain overall, clearly its not an issue on battery life as they also have a smaller battery now.

Man of Honour
Are you going for a 6s Plus?

I am. I've ordered one, 128GB 6s Plus in Space Grey. Should get it on the 25th.

2gb ram confirmed, android trolls in this thread can die now

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/13/xcode-iphone-6s-2gb-ram-ipad-pro-4gb-ram/

Very good news, this will quite possibly make a very big difference to many people. iOS is reasonably efficient anyway and this change should speed things up and stop a lot of reloading tabs and apps. I struggle to believe people don't have much reloading, I've used numerous iPhone 6 and 6 Pluses and have noticed it on all of them. Of course, it may be down to website coding and app efficiency, but it doesn't take much. Now it should be excellent in that regard.

Soldato
RAM upgrade was one of the biggest reasons I wanted to upgrade. 2Gb + A9 means it should be a beast.

What built in app do you use that is in any way slow? The 6 runs everything perfectly... as stated, memory could be better to stop safari reloading however apart from that, navigating iOS and diving in and out of the standard iOS apps is instant.

Soldato
What built in app do you use that is in any way slow? The 6 runs everything perfectly... as stated, memory could be better to stop safari reloading however apart from that, navigating iOS and diving in and out of the standard iOS apps is instant.

Depends how you use your phone, I can open up any 3d game, once I leave it everything is slow for awhile. Even opening up the built in apps take longer then normal, and when you multi task to something else I get that last saved screenshot there for several seconds sometimes before I can start using the app.

Honestly happens too me enough times to annoy me, and as soon as I found out it had more ram I went from maybe upgrading to 95% sure I'll upgrade.

Man of Honour
Depends how you use your phone, I can open up any 3d game, once I leave it everything is slow for awhile. Even opening up the built in apps take longer then normal, and when you multi task to something else I get that last saved screenshot there for several seconds sometimes before I can start using the app.

Honestly happens too me enough times to annoy me, and as soon as I found out it had more ram I went from maybe upgrading to 95% sure I'll upgrade.

I thought you were going back to Android a while ago, changed your mind?

Associate
Well, I've just placed an order for a 6s Plus in Silver... I've had a play with a OPO for a while and, while I liked android, the best part was the screen real estate over the iPhone 6 I have currently. That, and the larger battery, along with the other improvements is enough for me to upgrade.

Imagine it'll do me until the 7s at least, but we shall see!

Soldato
my note 4 with 3gb is slow now :(

Doing a reset on it will probably help.

I can no longer really defend Android for things like this.
Before I got my iPhone 6 last year, I was adamant I would not use an iPhone again, as I had an iPhone 3G not long after it was released and I really didn't think much of it. I much preferred the Android way of doing things, as well as the openness the platform provided. I loved to tinker with them, install custom ROM, trying out different ones to see what I liked. I never stuck with a ROM for a long enough period to see how it degraded over time, became slow and clunky.
Except for my Note 10" 2014. That sits on my side table, and is pretty much used entirely for Plex now. If I wanted to use it for other things, it would take an age to get anything done.

My iPhone 6 has been running as my main device for a year now, and it hasn't faltered once. Still seems as fast as it ever was, and it gets used more than any previous device as I now get my company emails through to my phone.

I never wanted to be an 'Apple' guy, but their stuff just works really well lol.

Permabanned

It runs great, just means with the 2Gb and A9 there will be nothing to touch it.

Soldato
that poll is a joke who cares which colour it is....

I am wanting a 6+ anyone know if they will sell sim free versions in the US?

The online store asks you to choose between 4 different carriers. :(

If not it looks like I'll have to wait until near Christmas to get it in Belgium :(

Back
Top Bottom