Iphone 8??

Associate
hello :) I'm still using my iPhone 6s (16 GB) ... at the moment I am REALLY struggling and suffering because of the storage (16 GB :mad:) and that was actually why I started about upgrading... would you recommend the iPhone 8 and why? and to those who have one: Did you get it with 64 or with 256 GB? thank you, curious to read your comments :)

Soldato
Personally I'd go for the iPhone 7 over the 8. The 8 - well, certainly the plus I had - was a lot heavier than the previous 7 plus, with only the wireless thing to show for it. I know there were updates other than that but personally I'd go with the 7.

Other opinions are available. The 8 plus was so annoyingly heavy I went out and bought an X as soon as they were available. Derp.

Permabanned
The iPhone 8 is the easiest phone to break. We get a few in for repairs. Thing is replacing the glass on the back can't really be done properly so it's just as easy to change the full housing but a more costly to repair. I wouldn't get an 8. Personally the 7 is ideal.

Man of Honour
My wife has a 6. My son has a 7. My daughter had two 7's but has now got an 8.

I'm actually quite conflicted in which I'd recommend between a 7 and 8. The 8 certainly looks more fragile with the glass back. But my daughter had two 7's fail within 4 months, which is why we rejected the second phone and bought an 8 instead.

Based purely on my own experience I'd say the 7 is prone to failure and while the 8 is fragile, it's possibly a better phone if you are very careful with it.

Associate
Depends on the price you're getting it at.
8 is a nice phone in my limited use, I have a 7 but If I was your boat I'd probably just get the 8.

However can you hold on another month or so? The new iPhones are due to get announced, and that should bring the prices of the 8 down. Unless you've seen a good deal on the 8.

In terms of storage 256GB is likely overkill for many but with the removal of the 128GB tier, Id rather opt for that unless you feel comfortable that 64GB will be suffice after it all is 4 times the amount of you have.

Associate
As someone who's used both the 7 and 8, go for the 8.

I've got an 8+ currently and any weight issues people mention are negligible. It has a nice weight to it, not too heavy.

In a few years time they'll unsupport the 7 for software updates (will still be a while away yet) but obviously that would leave the 8 still "active" so to say, therefore if you even wanted to upgrade you'd still get more money out of selling the 8 rather than a 7.

Soldato
I've had an 8 since launch and it's been the worst iphone i've had to date. I seem to have had so many issues with it it's been crazy, from calls dropping (only once per call, if i ring that number back if works fine). Also lots of hanging/slow downs.

Not sure if it's me or something else but i've never had this with previous models.

Associate
I've had an 8 since launch and it's been the worst iphone i've had to date. I seem to have had so many issues with it it's been crazy, from calls dropping (only once per call, if i ring that number back if works fine). Also lots of hanging/slow downs.

Not sure if it's me or something else but i've never had this with previous models.

Sure this isn't related to the network?

Soldato
I have an 8, hands down best phone I’ve owned to date. (I previously had the 256gb 7) I have the 64gb and have barely even filled half of it.

I just have the basic Apple silicone case on it which seems like enough protection. Saying that, I haven’t dropped it yet :p

Edit. I’ve never had any issue with it either. Hardware or software.

Soldato
Odd, mines never skipped a beat, what apps you using ?

Just the usual ones really, facebook, whatsapp, bbc news etc. Don't have that many installed, and it seems system operated as it happens whether i have lots of apps open in the background or only a few and also if i try and open settings/mail rather than external apps.

Restore the phone using itunes, if it still does it then talk to Apple.

Have done that a few times, they replaced the phone for me once. But since then i've dropped it and the screens cracked so i doubt they'd do it again/just blame that.

Back
Top Bottom