iPhone X to Note 9

Soldato
Until Android sort out their network features I’d never be able to switch back, not knowing if you have full access to stuff like WiFi Calling and VoLTE would annoy me, that stuff is never a question on iPhones, you know it will work because all iPhone software is the same, only carrier files are custom.
Just check the specs of a phone before you buy it. Mid/High end android phones have VOLTE/WiFi and it's not an issue

Soldato
The pixel 2xl has frustrated me quite a bit though - I get far too many apps reloading where they're not being kept in memory.

Yeah it can be quite aggressive in that area. I *think* you can tinker with this by enabling developer options and adjusting the background process limit.

Soldato
Just check the specs of a phone before you buy it. Mid/High end android phones have VOLTE/WiFi and it's not an issue
No, the phone itself can be compatible, but often you need to be running the network carrier ROM, which often come out slower than official releases.

It's not a case of a phone supporting it, it's the software.

Caporegime
Having just killed my iPhone 6S replacing the screen I’m going to try Android (Pocophone), I’m not sure I’ll stick it out but for a third the price of the budget Xr I’m willing to try.

Back
Top Bottom