• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

is 2gb not enough?

Man of Honour
Thing is I dont really have any experiance of pc gaming to compare games on. My son has a pc that has a gigabyte hd 7970 and that plays any game on his steam account fine by the looks of things and wouldnt be too unhappy with a couple of those myself. Other than that whatever I buy will be based on recommendations from anyone/someone on this site.

Have a look at the 280Xs then, they are rebadged HD7970s with very similar performance.

Soldato
Associate
I have actually thought about that. Im not too fussy about playing every game at ultra settings, high would do me on my tv. But im getting 3 monitors for racing sims as I love my racing games. I known certain racing games aint that demanding, ive seen f1 2013 ran off a 7970 on 3 monitors on youtube and still sitting above 70fps. Games like bf3 I dont normally play mp just the campaigns dont know if that makes a dif either way regarding which gpu to get but racing sims will be my main gaming

Hi, what racing games will you be playing? For iracing and RF2 I can tell you now don't bother wasting your time with SLI/X-fire setups if you can avoid it. More trouble than it's worth. PCARS and Assetto Corsa both work well with Nvidia SLI, less so with X-fire last time I checked. Don't have RRE or any of the more mainstream titles so can't comment on those.

P.S. For reference I have a pair of 780's

Associate
Beta drivers + a really glitchy game disappointed you, so you sent the card back?

Were the non beta drivers not to your liking either?

Yes mate i did, if AMD are going to release mantle on a beta in my eyes thats just wrong, we have had mantle shoved down our necks for quiet some time and was meant to be with in dedcember, and with bf4 being a game i play a lot, so with that in mind i then a get a R290 based on the fact that mantle is supposed to be the bees knees and its not so why should i put up with that?

Yes the 13.2 drivers worked fine, but thats not why i bought the R290 for, the deal breaker was to play bf4 via mantle in the game i play 24/7 and feel epic, if you cant back up the claims then dont make them, if you cant get the driver to work for everyone then dont release it, it was bad enough putting up with the **** that EA cause by releasing BF4 before it was ready, no way am i ever going to put up with **** like that again when i can do something about it ;)

Associate
OP
Hi, what racing games will you be playing? For iracing and RF2 I can tell you now don't bother wasting your time with SLI/X-fire setups if you can avoid it. More trouble than it's worth. PCARS and Assetto Corsa both work well with Nvidia SLI, less so with X-fire last time I checked. Don't have RRE or any of the more mainstream titles so can't comment on those.

P.S. For reference I have a pair of 780's

given I new to pc racing games I quite like the youtube footage off assetto corsa. I also enjoyed f1 2013 at friends house, he had the triple monitor setup with the gt omega rqcing frame and a fantics racing wheel and pedals.

F1 was actually prety good with all driving aids off but I never tried a race just the hour long free practice sessions.

Back
Top Bottom