Is car insurance just expensive for anyone remarkably young?

Soldato
31 years old: No young driver loading but not a significant decreasing factor yet.
London: 100% load in many cases.
Nil ncd: No premium discount.

£1000+ is to be expected imo

Associate
How? :( you must live out in the sticks somewhere with not much crime?

I live in a large town, not quite city life but not hill billy either :p. Before turning 30, I was paying around 750-800 for the same car, same location with the same insurance company. When it came to the renewal, they were quoting me the exact same amount. So I had a look on gocompare/compare the market and my same insurance company was the cheapest on there by like 300 lol. I was just as surprised as you are. :D

Soldato
I live in a large town, not quite city life but not hill billy either :p. Before turning 30, I was paying around 750-800 for the same car, same location with the same insurance company. When it came to the renewal, they were quoting me the exact same amount. So I had a look on gocompare/compare the market and my same insurance company was the cheapest on there by like 300 lol. I was just as surprised as you are. :D
There’s hope for me yet then :D. I’ll have a good search around all the comparison sites come renewal time I think.

Soldato
OP
Speak to the same insurer and say that you've been with them as a named driver on you boss's insurance with them for however many years and ask for that many years NCD.
That's the plan - Direct Line offer something like that, obvs only with themselves. If I'm lucky I can use that to ease into my own NCB :)

Soldato
it is your location.

London has and will always be expensive no getting away from it, change the postcode and the price will drop massively.

was 2k/year for me on a 3.0 bmw z4 in croydon, moved to west sussex and price dropped to 700/year.

Back
Top Bottom