• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is Destiny 2 still broken on Ryzen 3000 series?

Associate
As per the title - wondering if Ryzen 3000 is working with Destiny 2 now, or if it still borks when started up?

Googling it just brings up loads of results about the problem and suggestions AMD are working on a BIOS fix.

Ta :)

Associate
Believe it's still broken. There was a AGESA/BIOS that went out from AMD, but it was withdrawn due to few bugs. Should be resolved soon though given its just bug fixes in the way.

Leaving people unable to play a specific game for this length of time is rather poor. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon, but office hours being what they are these days, it could be a long wait!

Man of Honour
While probably not the issue here but has anyone checked if disabling games explorer helps? https://forums.eveonline.com/t/eve-launcher-doesnt-launch-instead-rundll32-exe-spikes-cpu/168593 Microsoft recently made some changes/killed off functionality which has had a knock on effect of some games not loading up properly and just sitting in the background (usually accompanied by rundll eat lots of CPU) and especially seems to kick in after hardware changes or on new systems right now. Though mostly seems to affect people on Windows 7 more than 10.

EDIT: From a quick look doesn't seem like Destiny 2 uses gameux.dll but I might be wrong on that.

Associate
Doesn't matter if it's for just 1 game, This is already gaining traction on various forums and comment sections with "how many more games will these CPU's not work with ?" and AMD desperately need to avoid such bad press.

I agree. This can easily turn someone upgrading her/his system away or switch to what works. I'll be XXXX if i wanted to play this game.

Associate
OP
I agree. This can easily turn someone upgrading her/his system away or switch to what works. I'll be XXXX if i wanted to play this game.

Indeed. I would like to upgrade my rig so that my 2700x can be recycled into an Unraid server. I quite enjoy Destiny 2, so now I am either going to have to go Intel or accept for the time being, Destiny 2 will be a no go on Ryzen 3000.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Doesn't matter if it's for just 1 game, This is already gaining traction on various forums and comment sections with "how many more games will these CPU's not work with ?" and AMD desperately need to avoid such bad press.

Looking at the Amazon sales charts, I don't think AMD will be sweating it that much.

Associate
Indeed. I would like to upgrade my rig so that my 2700x can be recycled into an Unraid server. I quite enjoy Destiny 2, so now I am either going to have to go Intel or accept for the time being, Destiny 2 will be a no go on Ryzen 3000.

I read that it might even affect the next gen consoles using similar tech. Question is . . . what other games are coded or will be coded like this game of Bungie? For sure they are working hard to fix the issue and hope they look far ahead for other issues.

Back
Top Bottom