Is it time to change to Windows 10?

Soldato
Had no issue with 8.1. Found it fast and works well. Although I did straight away purchase start8 for $5 so i could have a much better start menu. You cant beat win 7 the for start menu.

Same. I've got Windows 8.1 and it's not that bad. Sure upon initial first boot your have the Metro/tablet interface but you can quickly default to regular desktop if want and once you've installed Classic Shell I find Windows 8.1 perfectly acceptable so long as your prepared to spend 4mins setting it up. At some point I'm going to have to take the plunge on W10, I can't keep holding on to the past lol.

Soldato
I'm still on Windows 7 at work, not through choice but because our software won't work with Windows 10.
To be fair the program we use is 20 years old so not surprised!

I've never understood the problem people have had with Windows 10, I upgraded the day of release from 8.1 & have never had any major issues with it.
Find it fast, stable & yes it seems to be updating every other day but as an OS I like it.

Soldato
36133021295_18e5236b47_o_d.jpg

Soldato
I'm still on windows 7 Ultimate since it was released.

What are people's opinions of Win 10? Is it worth changing to?

Should I hang onto Win 7 unto death ?

thanks in advance
No but I wish I had stayed with windows 7 until windows 10 works properly. It's fast but after a few months I can see there's still plenty of bugs and several major annoyances on windows 10. Windows 10 can't even save jpegs here! I wonder is this the start of Microsoft clamping down on downloading and saving down from the Internet! :eek:

Soldato
No but I wish I had stayed with windows 7 until windows 10 works properly. It's fast but after a few months I can see there's still plenty of bugs and several major annoyances on windows 10. Windows 10 can't even save jpegs here! I wonder is this the start of Microsoft clamping down on downloading and saving down from the Internet! :eek:

Sooner 7 dies better in my books, that way Microsoft can spend more of their company resources on 10, end of the day Win7 had a good run, a lot of people go on about bugs etc but we all know even Win7 has bugs, no OS is perfect even on Linux, but some users forget about that, Win10 has been great for me, Win8/8.1 was also fine, even when I was on Vista, I was one of those users that had all the drivers for the OS.

Soldato
People just dont like change but in the end they put up and shut up after a few years.

People easily forget how Windows 95, 98 and XP were slated on release. Then again some on here wasn't old enough to use a computer back then......:D

Back
Top Bottom