Is my chair more comfortable AND more noble than yours?... Yeah, probably

Soldato
@Mcnumpty2323, we have Herman Miller Aeron's at my work. Personally, I've found the Aeron to be great and I have plenty of colleagues that love the Aeron but I also have colleagues who don't like it at all.

I couldn't afford a new Aeron for home (didnt' fancy a 2nd hand one either) and so I spent a lot of time researching an affordable alternative. After months of reading reviews and watching reviews on YouTube for various chairs (including Ikea ones), the reviews of the Noblechairs Hero swayed me. So, last week, I bought one, and I have to say, I have no regrets. It's really good, plenty of support and after a few days wear, it's really comfortable. I've spent probably 8+ hours a day in it for the last four or five days and have found it to be fantastic (it was a touch hard the first two or three days, but it's softened nicely). I've read plenty of reviews of people having them for a long time and saying that they still feel as good as new (despite in some cases the chair reportedly taking a lot of abuse), so personally, I'm really happy with the purchase.

The thing is, as others have said, chair's are subjective and one chair doesn't fit all, that said, in the same way the majority of the Herman Miller Aeron reviews are very positive, the same is true for the Hero (I can't speak for the other Noblechairs because I've never tried them). What I'm saying is, IMO if you are the right size for it, then the Hero is worth a try.
thanks thats helpful
and yes size and weight was a consideration although forgot to mention it
1.90m and 100kg
so not petite lol

Soldato
As we are on the subject of ergonomics, your monitor requires lifting up, at least as close to eye level as you can. At it's current height your neck is being bent downwards to much.

It's a very nice chair however.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've done it... It feels really high, and I don't like it!!

However, I believe you, so I'll keep it like this for a while and see how I get on... Cheers

(Actually, really don't like it, means I can see cables, and I've spent aaaaages hiding cables as much as I possibly can!!)

Soldato
Run it for a few days at the higher level, see how you feel about it, it should help reduce neck strain.

I use one of these at full height, if I could would have even higher. Not telling you to get one of these of course, but just giving you idea of how high I run my screens at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbGs0xp-4VY
Doesn't having monitor
Too high hurt your neck more
Than having it too low?
It does for me

Soldato
Doesn't having monitor
Too high hurt your neck more
Than having it too low?
It does for me

Centre of monitor should be at about eye level. If monitor is to low then you bend neck and back looking down.

I'm a software engineer, I find the stands included on most monitors not high enough.

I own 3 of those triple stands in that link. Since about 2010 have been using those stands with triple monitors, it's a much better way of working. I'm Dyslexic also btw, and triple monitors help organise work.

Soldato
Centre of monitor should be at about eye level. If monitor is to low then you bend neck and back looking down.

I'm a software engineer, I find the stands included on most monitors not high enough.

I own 3 of those triple stands in that link. Since about 2010 have been using those stands with triple monitors, it's a much better way of working. I'm Dyslexic also btw, and triple monitors help organise work.
Must admit I always buy
Monitors
With as much adjustment as
I can get
That triple stand does look
Pretty well made
I only use 1 monitor
Though do use software to
Split it into sections
To try to organise it

Soldato
Must admit I always buy
Monitors
With as much adjustment as
I can get
That triple stand does look
Pretty well made
I only use 1 monitor
Though do use software to
Split it into sections
To try to organise it

If your splitting your monitor into sections, then consider buying another monitor.

Having the extra monitor/s makes working more easy, as you leave documents open on a screen while working on your main screen.

The other advantage of lots of screens, I have my font size about 7% bigger than standard (so text is easier to read). Running 3 screens I can easily regain the text space lost by running bigger text.

Those Ergotron stands are old, but there very well made. They do have a disadvantage as 3 x 21" screens are the most they will fit.

Last edited:
Soldato
If your splitting your monitor into sections, then consider buying another monitor.

Having the extra monitor/s makes working more easy, as you leave documents open on a screen while working on your main screen.

The other advantage of lots of screens, I have my font size about 7% bigger than standard (so text is easier to read). Running 3 screens I can easily regain the text space lost by running bigger text.

Those Ergotron stands are old, but there very well made. They do have a disadvantage as 3 x 21" screens are the most they will fit.
thought about another monitor/extra one
it would mean having to reconfigure everything though
as its a corner desk currently
and a 27 inch screen so that stand wouldnt work
though obviously other stands available
the free software-acer grid vista-though works on any screen manufacturer
is pretty useful
i set 4 windows usually-though it can do 1,2,3,4-though 4 on less than 27 inch
would probably be too small
windows can be set to always on top
i can maximise any window over the others while working on it
send any window to another window position