Is my SSD dying?

Associate
My system crashed whilst playing conan exiles.

I restarted the PC and the drive was gone, i went into disk management and tried to enable the paritiion, that didnt work. Switched PC off and back on the drives back.

downloaded SSD Life and it shows this :

screenshot_63.png

Soldato
I wouldn't base any decision on a utility such as SSDLife. It's saying the drive is bad and then states that the drive isn't providing the information it'd need to come to that conclusion.

Try using Crucial's own Storage Executive software. If nothing else it'll let you get the firmware updated.

Presumably any data on that drive that matters is already backed up?

Soldato
I would always use the software from the manufactures to double check as I am sure they will ask you to do this before they except a rma or something.

Another thing is to try another sata port and cable just to make sure it's not that causing the problems

Associate
OP
I have 2 x crucial drivers (mx100 + MX300) the cruicial software crashes on start up (Jarva error)

Not sure what to do as its under warranty still.

Soldato
Unless the problem you have is more serious than you describe (one system crash and a drive that went missing once which was fixed with a reboot) I can't see that you have anything to worry about.

Associate
OP
Unless the problem you have is more serious than you describe (one system crash and a drive that went missing once which was fixed with a reboot) I can't see that you have anything to worry about.

i'll keep an eye on it cheers.

i've also updated the firmware with no problem but still not able to read from smart.

Associate
I would uninstall and re-install the crucial software . I have the same drive and it works fine , say 986 hours powered on, 17M host sectors 100% life , good info in there. ANd maybe plug.unplug your sata cable (and power cable) to make sure their seated correctly.

Back
Top Bottom