• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is now a good time to buy low/medium end graphic cards

Soldato
If you are still looking - I would recommend an RTX 3070 for 1080p now, if you can stretch to £310 (from elsewhere).

I had a RTX 3070 Founders Edition a couple years ago and I was happy with the performance.

Nvidia is losing to last generation used cards on value, which is a shame...

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
thank you for all your voices fair bit to think about and got overtime next week so maybe be able to get something sooner than i planned. happy days. Thank you forum, my question answered with no trolling, as it took a while to post as didnt want ridicule or shamed in lack of knowledge and understanding.:)

Associate
If you are still looking - I would recommend an RTX 3070 for 1080p now, if you can stretch to £310 (from elsewhere).

I had a RTX 3070 Founders Edition a couple years ago and I was happy with the performance.

Nvidia is losing to last generation used cards on value, which is a shame...
Thats all about vram limitations. 3070 still a strong gpu, nice bandwidth however limited on vram amount. £100 behind 6800xt on used market even though they were priced similar on the real market. People going for budget don't care about ray tracing.

I sense same between 4070 vs 7800xt / 4070ti vs 7900xt / 4080 vs 7900xtx for next release.

ps: sorry for the off-topic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom